Windows 10: Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

Discus and support Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The "screenshots" folder is missing from the pictures folder, screenshots do not appear in quick access and the registry is missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreasPilskog, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

The "screenshots" folder is missing from the pictures folder, screenshots do not appear in quick access and the registry is missing. Software/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer - Screenshot index is missing and {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from usershell folder. I want to end up with automatically saving screenshots to desktop with the winkey+shift+s shotcut.

:)

AndreasPilskog, Mar 5, 2020

2. Where are my screenshots saved if I don’t choose to also save them on OneDrive?

P.S.

Press WinKey + PrtSc to capture a screenshot, then WinKey + E to open File Explorer & your screenshot should be at the top of your Recent files list.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Mar 5, 2020
  3. PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC freeze when you try to take a screenshot using Win+Shift+S key.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the Graphics card device installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows key + X key, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Scroll and expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the listed driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    4. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click on Uninstall.
    6. Restart the PC and install the latest driver from manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

1. Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s - Similar Threads - Screenshots being saved

2. Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots Are Not Being Automatically Saved To Dropbox: I am using Windows 11 Lenovo Ideapad 1i. I have set my Dropbox preferences to ensure that screenshots are shared with Dropbox. I click my Screenshots folder, and I see nothing there. On my last laptop, all I had to do was press prtsc and the screenshot automatically went to...
  3. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  4. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  5. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  6. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  7. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed

Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed: Hi! Pressing Winkey+Shift+S for screenshot used to work until recently that it broke I think after I updated Windows 10 to 20H2. When pressing Winkey+Shift+S, the grey screenshot mode with 4 icons on top to select area appears but then immediately disappears after a...
  9. Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winkey+PrtSc Not Saving Screenshots to Directory: I'm on OS Build 19041.630. Yesterday, I was able to use Fn+Winkey+PrtSc to save screenshots to the folder in my Pictures directory. I would get the screen dim and the sound and it was fine. Today, this is no longer working. I went into the properties of my screenshots folder...
  10. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shift s screenshot save location

2. windows shift s where is saved

3. does windows shift s save on computer