Windows 10: Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Discus and support Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Swervy Mcnugget, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Hi all,

When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive" box, and now they won't save anywhere else.

I wanted to close down OneDrive, I feel its background usage is not worth how little I use it, (I'm pretty tied in with google drive at this point) and I deselected the "save screenshots automatically box," closed it down, but the screenshots will not appear anywhere on my system until I open OneDrive and re-enable the check box, although they are copied to the clipboard.

How does one go about changing where windows saves screenshots? I apologize if this is common knowledge, I'm fairly new to Windows 10.

Thanks,
    E

:)

Swervy Mcnugget, Mar 6, 2019

2. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Clicking on notification of screenshots automatically saved to OneDrive no longer opens Screenshots folder

Clicking on notification of screenshots automatically saved to OneDrive no longer opens Screenshots folder whereas it did previously. Screenshot is automatically saved in that folder but it now requires opening the folder manually.

Evern Otes, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

Clicking on notification of screenshots automatically saved to OneDrive no longer opens Screenshots folder

Where is the default location in OneDrive it is being saved? Pictures by default, which would apply to a screenshot, would default Pictures folder in OneDrive.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

1. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder. - Similar Threads - Screenshots save OneDrive

2. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  3. HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Screenshots are not being saved to screenshot folder?: I cant seem to find my screenshots anywhere. Even after taking a screenshot [Shift + Windows + S], the screenshot folder [One Drive > Pictures > Screenshots] remains empty. i’ve made sure to tick the ‘Save Screenshots I capture to OneDrive’ from OneDrive settings and to no...
  4. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  5. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  6. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

7. Screenshots not saved? folder exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saved? folder exists: MY SCREENSHOTS FOLDER IS NOT MISSING. there is just never anything in it when i use the print screen button. to be honest i dont understand this new way to snip things anyway, because after i draw an outline, the full tool disappears and theres no indicators at all that...
  8. Screenshots not saved? folder exists

Screenshots not saved? folder exists: MY SCREENSHOTS FOLDER IS NOT MISSING. there is just never anything in it when i use the print screen button. to be honest i dont understand this new way to snip things anyway, because after i draw an outline, the full tool disappears and theres no indicators at all that...
  9. My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...: My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I locate where they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screenshots-are-not-being-saved-in-my/ab043f1e-77e6-486a-a6c8-f16f1e40522b
  10. My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...

My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I...: My screenshots are not being saved in my screenshots folder or on onedrive, how can I locate where they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screenshots-are-not-being-saved-in-my/ab043f1e-77e6-486a-a6c8-f16f1e40522b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screenshots still save to onedrive even when unlinked

2. win 10 phone screenshots not being saved

3. one drive save screenshots wont stay active

4. windows phone only onedrive saving,
  5. automatically save screenshots i capture to onedrive does not appear