Windows 10: Screenshots

Discus and support Screenshots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There used to be a way to press a shortcut, and have the screenshot program launch in 'capture rectangular' mode. I haven't had that feature fore a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sheamus, Oct 28, 2014.

1. sheamus Win User

Screenshots

There used to be a way to press a shortcut, and have the screenshot program launch in 'capture rectangular' mode. I haven't had that feature fore a while, so I have started using Lightshot. But since discovering these forums, I figured I would ask if there is a way to make the snipping tool behaving like that.

:)

sheamus, Oct 28, 2014

2. Lumia 800 - Screen Capture

the basic stuffs gotta be fixed in the next update or a Patch fix - to be done ASAP.

we are all proud to be LUMIA. but we still boast of it until we have basic features for 7.8 versions

1) Music with good Equaliser

2) Playlist thing is horrible - while playing a song i create a playlist with that song. but it ASSUMES and puts every song in d phone into that playlist. i am shocked

3) Install apps thru Zune from the PC and sync into Lumia phone (like iPhone)

4) Vibration is toooo low. even the sound. or we need to find a ringtone which is loud and then try using it

5) Kill process or application that is running in background

6) Screen Capture facility.

7) FM radio

Please NOKIA developers - do something about it very quickly

screenshots, Oct 28, 2014
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Screenshots

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please answer the questions below:

• Which Screenshot are you referring to?
    • Are you using any third party application?
    • Since when are you facing the issue?
    • Did you made any recent changes to your PC?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to go to task manager and check if you see any unknown applications running.

Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 28, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Screenshots

There is the snipping tool that might get the job done for you.
    It's built into Windows.
    HTH

BunnyJ, Oct 28, 2014
  5. sheamus Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely aware of the snipping tool. However in in windows 7, you could press Win+S or something like that to have it auto launch the tool, and go into rectangular mode.

In Win8/10 I have assigned a shortcut to the snipping tool, but that only launches the tool, it doesn't put it in capture mode, like the shortcut for lightshot does.

sheamus, Oct 28, 2014
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Yes, it has been discussed about this in Windows 8 Forum and it is a difference on how Snipping tool works in 7 & 8/10.

In 8/10, it provides a way for users to select what type of snip they want (Windows/Region/Full Screen/Free-form) first then they would have either click on New or use the shorcut key: Ctrl+Prnsrcn to put it in snipping mode. To get out of snipping mode, use ESC

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2014
  7. badrobot Win User
    I never used the native snip tool. Right now I am using Qsnap on Win 10. It's a free snipping program with built-in editing tools.

It is actually a free program from my Qnap NAS but I think anyone can download it.

Here's the link:

http://note.qnap.com/qsnap/

badrobot, Oct 29, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Screenshots

Thanks for the link. I'll check this one out today.
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Oct 29, 2014
  9. Hi

I don't find anything wrong with the Snipping Tool.

I have the icon on my taskbar so anytime I need an image of part of my screen I just click on it drag around the area I want and save it where I want.

It's quick and easy.

Screenshots [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 29, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    Yeah nothing wrong with snip except it doesn't have the built-in annotation capability. Qsnap is FREE (and works with Win 10) so nothing wrong with that as well.

[youtube]LD-J2YnRiKo[/youtube]

Sample annotated screencapture:

Screenshots [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 29, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I tried Qsnap out and I like it!!

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 30, 2014
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Screenshots

^^ Thanks.. I really like that one!!!

jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2014
  14. badrobot Win User
    Good to know. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Screenshots

1. Screenshots - Similar Threads - Screenshots

2. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  3. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  4. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  5. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  6. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  7. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  8. Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot": For a few months and most likely after an update, the Windows 11 Snippit Tool has been giving me the following error:Couldn't save screenshot Wait a bit and try again. If this continues send us your feedback.It used to save them automatically to my OneDrive Picture...
  9. Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot"

Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot": For a few months and most likely after an update, the Windows 11 Snippit Tool has been giving me the following error:Couldn't save screenshot Wait a bit and try again. If this continues send us your feedback.It used to save them automatically to my OneDrive Picture...
  10. Background becomes grey when making a screenshot in Windows 11

Background becomes grey when making a screenshot in Windows 11: Whenever i make a screenshot, something i use a lot for my job, the background now always becomes grey instead of the white color that it always was before. This is pretty anoying, as you wil always see difference in the color of the screenshot background, and the white...