Windows 10: Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v

Discus and support Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello, I am in trouble....potentially big time and hoping someone can help me. I am attending a certification school and I am behind on my class work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Wonder Woman, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v

Hello, I am in trouble....potentially big time and hoping someone can help me. I am attending a certification school and I am behind on my class work for Windows server 2016. I went to pick up where I left off on my work and could not sign into my Hyper-v VM for Windows Server 2016 with AD installed. I might have reset the PW somewhere along the line for some reason. I might have added further stupidity to my idiocy by thinking I might be able to "reset" to a previous checkpoint. I was thinking that there should be a checkpoint that was previously saved prior to the last part of my lab that would take me back to a point prior to when I might have done the PW reset. I attempted the reset and it now has me back at the point where I am installing the software from the beginning. I have stopped work at this point and done nothing further with the machine. I am using Hyper-v on Win10 Pro. The machines are saved in the default location. I need to know 2 things: Can I stop the "reset" and go back to the point where my PW was not working? If yes, how?If the answer to Q1 is yes then how do I reset the administrator PW to get into my VM? All help is appreciated. Sincerely, (Things are so much easier back on Themyscira where we don't have computers!)

:)

Wonder Woman, Jul 1, 2021
  2. scomage Win User

Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does
    not present as available for import. Is there any way to make this work?

scomage, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Hi,

I'm performing initial testing with Hyper-V on an Hp DL360 gen 10 server. The first ethernet port is in use by the main Win 2016 OS installed on the server. I'd like to use one of the 3 available ethernet ports to act as the network/internet connect for
    the Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It will sit on the same VLAN as the main server connection and the Ip address in Hyper-V will be a static IP address.

I've been walking through the Hyper V instructions to set up a virtual switch using the selected port, but havent' been successful in setting the network in the VM as desired. In Virtual switch manager, i created a new swtich and de-selected the option
    for "Allow management operating system to share the network adapter. However, I've been unable to get a network connection in the VM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

kevinmmscommunity, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v

Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your support.

The setup is quite simple:

• The Hyper-V Server is a Root-Server in the Internet (not in a domain). It is only managed by myself (whatever that means Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v :) )
    • The server is a "Hyper-V Server 2016" (see e.g. https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/evalcenter/evaluate-hyper-v-server-2016)
    • My Notebook connect's via Server Manager (This connection uses 8 kBit/se or less on average)
    • When I open Hyper-V (via the Server Manager) it uses 500kBit/s permanently, without even connecting to a VM. Just listing the VMs on the server.

Michael

wallenstein0961, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v

1. Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v - Similar Threads - Screwed Myself reset

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?: I have Hyper-V installed on Win 11 and I'd like to schedule a full backup that could be restored!.I could export VM, but it's manual, not automatic!I'd read about Windows Server Backup, but I'm not sure I could get it on Win 11 ; I didn't succeeded to install it :-As my VM is...
  5. how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to backup an Hyper-v VM with Win 11?: I have Hyper-V installed on Win 11 and I'd like to schedule a full backup that could be restored!.I could export VM, but it's manual, not automatic!I'd read about Windows Server Backup, but I'm not sure I could get it on Win 11 ; I didn't succeeded to install it :-As my VM is...
  6. Upgrade a 2008 server in Hyper v vm to 2012 server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade a 2008 server in Hyper v vm to 2012 server: Hi I am running hyper v manager on my windows 10 pro pc. I am running 2008 server on the hyper v manager and I want to upgrade it to 2012 server. When I click on the install now button it does the copy files but does not go to the windows update window to continue the...
  7. Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016: I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does not present as...
  8. BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V VM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 BUCKET_ID:...: One of the Hyper-V VMs crashed with BSOD intermittently. System details; OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 System Model Virtual Machine System Type x64-based PC Installed Physical Memory RAM:16.0 GB Total Physical Memory:...
  9. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  10. Exporting VM with hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset hyper v to default settings windows server 2016