Windows 10: Screwed up my PC, won't boot

Discus and support Screwed up my PC, won't boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After reading this you'll probably think I am super dumb. To start off, I wanted to be able to dual boot a Linux OS and my Windows 10 on my PC. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DBrandon25, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Screwed up my PC, won't boot

After reading this you'll probably think I am super dumb.

To start off, I wanted to be able to dual boot a Linux OS and my Windows 10 on my PC. I downloaded the ISO and used the Win32 tool to put it on my USB and make it bootable. Changed boot order in firmware settings and was able to get to the menu for the Linux OS. Didn't really work since it tries to get an IPv6 address and my home router apparently only supports IPv4, and the disk Windows was on wouldn't have had enough space anyway. Here comes where I start my problems.

I decide I am going to migrate my Windows OS to the 1TB HDD also in my PC rather than keep it on the 128GB, since I needed the space to attempt the Linux dual boot situation again. I created a system image using Macrium Reflect since the Control Panel method kept failing for me. Also created bootable media for Windows. I boot the machine with the bootable media and continue to clean install Windows 10, doing custom installation to remove the other windows partitions and select the HDD to install the new one on. Went well, but forgot to get the rescue media through Macrium in order to restore my system image. *Ugh* I get the rescue media installed in with the WinRE so when I go into WinRe I can restore system image.

It worked everything was restored, but system seemed to be super slow compared to before and it seems the volume was corrupted after trying to extend or shrink it. Rather than attempt to fix, I copy all files I wanted to keep to an external HDD and then did a new clean install. Determined to dual boot, I booted into the installation media again after the new clean install of Windows set up. Place I was at had IPv6 capable router so I was able to get through the entire install process. The last thing was waiting for GRUB boot loader to install, then system restarts. Ends up not working. PC is trying to repair itself, it tries a few times, I go into command prompt, disk part, and erase the Linux volume. Reboot and it seemed to have worked as it loaded into Windows. I forget why I restarted again but when I did it was doing the same thing saying it was trying to fix itself and a few tries later asking me what I wanted to do.

I decide "screw it" and do yet another clean install. This time I didn't try anything after. I decided to stop trying for a while and just use my PC as is to give it and myself a break from everything I was trying to do. Seemed to be running slower than the original install, but figured it was because it needed updates. Download and install updates, still running slow. Cut to last night, Cortana search bar stopped working. I would go to search and the whole thing would be black rather than showing results and then would close itself. Today only have a few applications installed, one of which being Antivirus which never affected PC before. Still running slower so I take a look at the task manager to see what's causing it. A couple processes taking up the disk resources. I go into windows update and two were still pending so I click install, neither of them do successfully. I attempt to restart my PC in case that would help the updates it stays at the restarting screen for a long time to where I get impatient and hold the power button until shutdown.

This brings me to now. After turning it on after I shut it off it now says it needs to be repaired again. I tried going into Command Prompt and doing the bootrec commands but it didn't fix it. So here I am now with a PC that doesn't work. I know I am the whole reason it's like this in the first place, but I could really use some help to get it working again. I'm not sure if it's under warranty and if it were I probably voided it.

:)

DBrandon25, Mar 30, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Mar 30, 2019
  4. scraff Win User

Screwed up my PC, won't boot

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Screwed up my PC, won't boot

1. Screwed up my PC, won't boot - Similar Threads - Screwed won't boot

2. My pc won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc won't boot up: Hi, I've been having alot of problem with my computer, then it started to not boot up.It says prepairing automatic repair then it started blue screening then when I restart and it says prepairing automatic repair again, it blue screened again, I can't open automatic repair.I...
  3. My pc won't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't boot up: Hi, I've been having alot of problem with my computer, then it started to not boot up.It says prepairing automatic repair then it started blue screening then when I restart and it says prepairing automatic repair again, it blue screened again, I can't open automatic repair.I...
  4. My pc won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc won't boot up: My pc won't boot up, it happened after I went to the task manager and started ending all the useless tasks I end everyday.....This time I started ending them with the delete key. I also restarted file explorer in the system processes in task manager, but that also with the...
  6. Screwed up my boot loader with easyBCD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screwed up my boot loader with easyBCD: Okay so, before this my PC’s default boot loader was the grub boot loader when I had manjaro. However, I deleted the manjaro partition and every time I booted, it would say that it’s entering grub rescue mode. I had to press f11 to manually boot into windows. That’s when I...
  7. Onedrive screwed my pc up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive screwed my pc up: So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my laptop and my pc being merged. When I tried to stop the merging, the icons just disappeared never to return. How do I revert...
  8. My Pc is really screwing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc is really screwing up: So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my...
  9. PC Won't boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Won't boot up: I had recently changed my pc resolution to a resolution that is to big to display (1920×1440) and I can't turn on my pc without seeing a black screen with the words "out of range'. I tried booting it up into safe mode but that didn't work and I dont know what to do....
  10. Pc screwed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc screwed up: yesterday I was watching the new dbs and then pc went black and made some buzzing noise I can turn it on but I can't get to the desktop with users Yesterday I was talking with Microsoft for a hour and minutes trying to fix it they said the pc could be old and graphics issue....