Windows 10: Screwed up Password

Discus and support Screwed up Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lenberman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

Screwed up Password

I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome then select use a local account instead. However, when I typed in the password it told me it was wrong. Do I have to do the whole install again?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Screwed up Password

OK, Password problem...Mint

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/339
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Screwed up Password

1. Screwed up Password - Similar Threads - Screwed Password

2. Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen: Windows is no longer detecting my second screen ever since windows updated! How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-second-screen/ce7ef477-cc0f-4e28-8ae2-d0eae128866b
  3. Updating screws with my computer every time!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating screws with my computer every time!: How come after every "update" something goes wrong with the computer and it slows down a lot. I put off updating as long as I can, cuz it sucks. I hate it....
  4. Windows Update screws up my system even when I tell it not to.

Windows Update screws up my system even when I tell it not to.: Why does Microsoft do this? Do they hate their customers? I contacted Microsoft support about this and got a "real person" who offered me what I considered bad advice: "We can make it so you get no further updates." Seriously? That's your solution? I either succumb to...
  5. I will never buy a windows machine again. screw your onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I will never buy a windows machine again. screw your onedrive: Imagine my surprise when I learn the acer windows laptop I bought, clearly stupidly in my old age buying old and outdated technology that has ALWAYS been a joke (has any windows ever been better than the last?), to find out all my files - desktop, downloads, documents,...
  6. OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer

OneDrive (probably) screwed up my computer: So, i haven't used my HP laptop in, maybe, 2 or 3 days. It wouldn't access the internet, and i wasn't interested in using it anyways, so i thought, hey, big deal. Fast forward to today, and i log into my laptop to see an error saying that, apparently, it had some problems...
  7. settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up

in Cortana
    settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up: can u keep settings from popping up every time i'm on line there it is. please remove ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-keeps-popping-up-on-every-page-i-visit/82b03a08-091d-442c-a037-9520740b84c1"
  8. Power plans screwed up; screen brightness isn't automatic anymore.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power plans screwed up; screen brightness isn't automatic anymore.: ** This is not about adaptive brightness; I never had that option, nor would I have used it if I did. ** Before this last update, I had my power options set up so that when I was on battery, the screen automatically dimmed, and when I plugged in, it automatically reverted...
  9. screwed up app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screwed up app: I put on an instructional dvd after purchasing windows dvd player and the left half of the dvd is fine but the right half is sideways. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screwed-up-app/d23a54d7-9a06-49aa-8cc6-99ebdc05c1c4
  10. Screwed up Password

Screwed up Password: I just loaded Windows 10 to a new SSD drive. When I made up the Windows password, I must have typed it wrong. After installation, I first load Chrome then select use a local account instead. However, when I typed in the password it told me it was wrong. Do I have to do the...