Windows 10: Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy.

Discus and support Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story short, I upgraded from Window 10 HOME to Window 10 PRO via Settings -> Update & security -> Activation -> change product key. And all went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Special, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Special Win User

Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy.

Long story short, I upgraded from Window 10 HOME to Window 10 PRO via Settings -> Update & security -> Activation -> change product key. And all went fine.

Since it is now new to me I've been checking out the Group Policy Editor and I noticed two new things that were not part of HOME Edition before, "App-V" (Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)) and "UEV" (User Experience Virtualization (UE-V)).

Since these both seem to be about virtualization and server type management stuff, stuff I don't use nor plan too, I set both Policies for them to disable. "Enable App-V Client" and "Enable UEV" respectively.

But now on every reboot I've been noticing two new warnings in Event Viewer;

Windows failed to apply the AppV Policy setting...

Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy. [​IMG]

Windows failed to apply the UEV Policy setting...

Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy. [​IMG]

As an "oops, I'll fix this" I undid the two Policies I set as disable "Enable App-V Client" and "Enable UEV" back to their original state to "Not configured", but these warning still persist every time I reboot my system. It looks like GPO is trying to apply these two settings even though I don't have or use these two features. They might not even be something that's installed or supported by my machine (which is pretty old)...

How can I fix this warnings? Is there a way to have GPO stop trying to apply these two rules every reboot?

And if this is helpful or relevant:
    Windows version 1909
    OS Build 18363.1440

:)

Special, Mar 15, 2021
  2. MohanRaj5 Win User

Advance Audit Policies are not being applied via GPO

Advanced Audit Policy Configuration inclusive of System Audit Policies like Account Logon, Account Management, DS Access, Logon/Logoff, etc are not being applied on the servers when GPO is implemented for the same.

We have additional settings applied via same GPO which is successfully applied.

MohanRaj5, Mar 15, 2021
  3. GPO Override Policy Not Working

Following up with class in which we are making an Google Chrome Settings Override GPO for a local group -- added it at the group level; not the higher domain level. This should override the domain's (high-level) GPO that prevents downloads, prevents incognito
    mode, and restrict access to netflix.com. This is according to Windows' Group Policy API documentation (Overriding and Blocking Group Policy).

When looking at the group's "Group Policy Inheritance" tab in the Group Policy Management tool from the Server Manager (Wins 2012), I am seeing that the override GPO takes precedence over the previously applied restrictive settings from the higher domain
    policy. This is what we want.

However, when logged into a domain client -- with the credentials of the intended local group member -- the local group policy is not listed in Chrome://policy. The browser is still blocking netflix.com, downloads, and the use of incognito mode.

I restarted the client computer many times and ran the gpupdate /force script and successfully updated the policy several times. I also went as far as to enforced the GPO in the inheritance table for the local group taken precedence over all other GPOs.

Nothing is happening. HELP!

TiuskaSantana, Mar 15, 2021
  4. MrBeatnik Win User

Where is the "Enable UEV" setting in Windows 10 Group Policy?

I cannot locate the GPO setting for enabling UEV for Windows 10 1607+. I would like to enable this setting so the default UEV service is enabled on our deployments.

• We have the latest admx files from MS for UEV (UserExperienceVirtualization.admx 25/04/2017)
    • I am using the Win10 RSAT tools on a Win10 LTSB (don't ask) deployment.
    • I can see the "Enable UEV" settings through local group policy on the PC.

When navigating to the appropriate GPO area (Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft User Experience Virtualization), the "Enable UEV" settings does not exist.

I have researched the MS documentation which doesn't explain why it would be missing. Other sites do not seem to reference this issu, all sites simply say that the setting should be set and assume that it is available. It seems I meet all criteria I can find to have access to this setting, but clearly I must be missing something.

MrBeatnik, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy. - Similar Threads - Screwed GPO cannot

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  5. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  6. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  7. Apply Color Management via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  8. Apply Color Management via GPO

Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  9. Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User: I'm trying to learn a few things about Windows Server and Active Directory. I've fiddled with this in the past and had pretty good luck with deploying policies, etc. I've set up an instance of Windows Server 2016 Standard and a Windows 10 Pro workstation. I set up a GPO...
  10. Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying: I have a problem where I am pulling a GPO from a Windows 12 DC and it is not applying on the PC. If I run GPResults the correct GPO from the DC looks as if it is pulling. If I run Auditpol.exe /get /category I can see that nothing has applied as all of the audit settings...