Windows 10: Screwed Up!

Discus and support Screwed Up! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbmek, Jul 24, 2021.

1. elbmek Win User

Screwed Up!

Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not remember/find solution. So I hit the restore button in the hope that it would do a 100% restore. Not a chance. NEVER has system restore ever worked for me, ever. It told me it could not restore win 10 to last Wednesday (today was Sat). So I rebooted, my problem was fixed, all my images reverted to thumbnails of actual images which is what I wanted. Still not solved what actually happened, giving all image icons some bloody flower. So will need to retrace carefully and retrace my steps until I find culprit ands DELETE! In this case probably my fault, now I need to find where?

:)

elbmek, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Vectrexer Win User
  4. TonyB Win User

Screwed Up!

Need help just notes a striped screw ??

Yea i tried a new one and still would not screw down tight, any suggestions on what type of screw i could use to fix it?

TonyB, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Screwed Up!

1. Screwed Up! - Similar Threads - Screwed

2. Is there any option to create a screw thread in the 3d builder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any option to create a screw thread in the 3d builder?: Have seen in a German tutorial that it's possible to create a screw thread with the 3d Builder.But the menu they are showing is not available in my version.Am I doing something wrong?Thanks in advance for any comments....
  3. Is there any option to create a screw thread in the 3d builder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any option to create a screw thread in the 3d builder?: Have seen in a German tutorial that it's possible to create a screw thread with the 3d Builder.But the menu they are showing is not available in my version.Am I doing something wrong?Thanks in advance for any comments....
  4. Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all: Installed new bios and reset the whole TPM module. Now every time i try to log in it says your pin is no longer available due to changes in security settings click here. When i click it does nothing. This is the only account. No start menu. I’m locked out so none of that....
  5. Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all

Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all: Installed new bios and reset the whole TPM module. Now every time i try to log in it says your pin is no longer available due to changes in security settings click here. When i click it does nothing. This is the only account. No start menu. I’m locked out so none of that....
  6. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install: I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions are screwed up. I am unable to browse to C:\ in explorer at all. Task Manager brings up a UAC prompt before I can run it. I...
  7. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install: I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions are screwed up. I am unable to browse to C:\ in explorer at all. Task Manager brings up a UAC prompt before I can run it. I...
  8. Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?: I have frequently updated my laptop in the past few months and am surprised to see only 7 appear. Is there something I am not understanding here? Are preview/windows defender updates counted in here or not? just culminative/security?I will admit I randomly got a feature...
  9. Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?: I have frequently updated my laptop in the past few months and am surprised to see only 7 appear. Is there something I am not understanding here? Are preview/windows defender updates counted in here or not? just culminative/security?I will admit I randomly got a feature...
  10. Not all updates showing in systeminfo.exe, am I screwed?