Windows 10: Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key

Discus and support Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On Start up, I get a Script Error Line:1 Char:79 Invalid Root in Registry Key "HKCU\software\19dde36eba\103ab7d3 Code:0 I have no idea what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by schutzrr, Dec 5, 2016.

1. schutzrr Win User

Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key

On Start up, I get a Script Error

Line:1
    Char:79
    Invalid Root in Registry Key "HKCU\software\19dde36eba\103ab7d3
    Code:0

I have no idea what is going on.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm a consumer, my tech skills are average

Thanks....Bob
    Charlotte,NC

:)

schutzrr, Dec 5, 2016
  2. Bob_826 Win User

Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key (Windows 10)

Thanks for the steer to the thread. One of the recommended solutions worked!

Bob_826, Dec 5, 2016
  3. Bob_826 Win User
    Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key (Windows 10)

On Start up, I get a Script Error

Line:1

Char:79

Invalid Root in Registry Key "HKCU\software\19dde36eba\103ab7d3

Code:0

I have no idea what is going on.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm a consumer, my tech skills are average

Thanks....Bob

Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key [​IMG]

Bob_826, Dec 5, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. This look like malware

Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.
    Downloading AdwCleaner
    Save it to your desktop.
    Right click run as admin.
    Hit the scan button.
    Allow completion.
    Make sure all items are ticked.
    Hit the clean button.
    Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.
    The machine will reboot this is normal.
    Post the log in your next reply.

Samuria, Dec 5, 2016
  5. schutzrr Win User
    I ran "Malwarebytes". Software found three malware objects and quarantined them. I've re-started twice with no script errors.

Thanks for the help......

schutzrr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Script Error on Start Up; Invalid Root in Registry Key - Similar Threads - Script Error Start

2. Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up: My PC froze with a blue screen and critical process died 2 days ago. After a hard reboot it started with the system auto repair and began diagnosing my PC. The auto repair failed and sent me to a trouble shooting menu. The system failed to trouble shoot and every other option...
  3. Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Error Blue Screen on Start Up: My PC froze with a blue screen and critical process died 2 days ago. After a hard reboot it started with the system auto repair and began diagnosing my PC. The auto repair failed and sent me to a trouble shooting menu. The system failed to trouble shoot and every other option...
  4. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  5. Windows Script Host Error: Invalid root in registry key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Script Host Error: Invalid root in registry key: It was brought to my attention that my computer may have been compromised through an email attachment I received from a contact yesterday. I wasn't having any issues with my computer but to be proactive I ran a scan using Malwarebytes. The scan detected one item...
  6. Unknown Error - "Invalid value for registry"

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Error - "Invalid value for registry": Hi my name is Wimbre, new to the forum. I'm retired with some IT background, but I am stumped with the current problem. When copy of .jpg file from MS OneDrive folder (Win 10.0.18362 64bit) on desktop, to flash drive and inserting same into Surface (Win 10 Pro) copy to...
  7. "invalid value for the registry"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "invalid value for the registry": After a recent windows update when trying to open pictures i get the error message "invalid value for the registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-the-registry/c37eedff-6615-46b7-9b15-05318c01aece
  8. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  9. Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\wtjtpfxoogfjh" .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\wtjtpfxoogfjh" .: What is this? Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\software\wtjtpfxoogfjh" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-root-in-registry-key/6bc5c0c3-334b-46bd-aa97-96285f0fce79"
  10. Invalid registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid registry: Hi Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened? Thanks for looking [img] 71055

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid root in registry key