Windows 10: Script failure after W10 update to 1809

Discus and support Script failure after W10 update to 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using a little script to launch an application in a "kiosk-like" mode. Basically, upon login, the a registry entry calls the script, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeilChapman3, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Script failure after W10 update to 1809

I've been using a little script to launch an application in a "kiosk-like" mode. Basically, upon login, the a registry entry calls the script, the script launches the exe, and then script waits for you to exit the app. When you exit, it reboots the PC.

The problem is that it stopped working after the update.

Here is the script. For reference, it's called launch.vbs and is in the c:\launchbox folder

set oShell=createobject("wscript.)
    sCmd=
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\myprogram\myprogram.
    oShell.run sCmd,,
    true 'true forces it to wait for process to finish
    sCmd="shutdown /r /t 0"
    oShell.run sCmd

It's run from a shell value added to HKEY_Current_User\Software\

wscript c:\launchbox\launch.vbs

I receive the following error message

Windows Script Host

Script c:\launchbox\launch.vbs

Line 3

Char 1

Error The system cannot find the file specified

Code 80070002

Source null

Any thoughts?

:)

NeilChapman3, Mar 1, 2019

2. W10 1809 update freezes PC

updating a Dell laptop from W10 1803. At 100% complete on W10 1809 update, it has frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del & Power button have no effect.

No idea on how I can reboot! Any ideas?

DuncanRhodes2, Mar 1, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Script failure after W10 update to 1809

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Script failure after W10 update to 1809

1. Script failure after W10 update to 1809 - Similar Threads - Script failure W10

2. windows 1809 update: abject failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 1809 update: abject failure: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
  3. W10 1809 to 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  4. W10 1809 update freezes PC

W10 1809 update freezes PC: updating a Dell laptop from W10 1803. At 100% complete on W10 1809 update, it has frozen. Ctrl-Alt-Del & Power button have no effect. No idea on how I can reboot! Any ideas?...
  5. W10 update on tablet failure

W10 update on tablet failure: I have a small tablet which came with W10 pre-installed, and I have updated to the latest versions of W10 as they became available. The latest update in Nov 2018 has left me with a useless tablet and no way of access anything:- The update as such appeared to go OK, but at...
  6. W10 activation after hardware failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation after hardware failure: I lost my motherboard on my laptop the other day and I moved my SSD to another shell. Now, I can't activate windows and I have followed all of the troubleshooting advice. Any ideas on how I can reactivate W10 digital licence on this laptop?...
  7. Kernel Security Check failure after updating to 1809?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check failure after updating to 1809?: So, a few days ago, I updated to 1809 and I only just now got the random BSOD. The error message mentioned a Kernel Security Check failure; I don't know what this is, to begin with, and am I the only one who's run into this? I'm running a full security scan even as I write...
  8. W10 1809 is out.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 1809 is out.: Download Windows 10 121631
  9. Empty folders after W10 update 1809

Empty folders after W10 update 1809: Hi everyone, I have a critical issue. A few hours ago I updated my laptop to the 1809 Windows 10 version. After the reboot my Documents and Pictures folders are empty! Desktop, Download and Music folders are ok. In the C: disk a windows.old folder has been created but the...
  10. w10, Script Error

in Windows 10 Support
    w10, Script Error: Why suddenly " Script Error " appears continuously when I try to close an IE page? asking to choose "use script Yes or NO". & either clicked gives an blank page & have difficulty closing it. I tried Tools>Advanced & "disable script errors" is ticked. I cleared it, reopened...