Windows 10: script file "setup.js" missing

Discus and support script file "setup.js" missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot find Windows script file "setup.js" anywhere and receive a message pops up that it is missing…... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JourneymanM, Jan 9, 2019.

1. script file "setup.js" missing

I cannot find Windows script file "setup.js" anywhere and receive a message pops up that it is missing…

:)

JourneymanM, Jan 9, 2019
  2. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 9, 2019
  4. ZakAttakk Win User

script file "setup.js" missing

Cannot change default program for ".js" files

Hello,

In the latest version of Windows 10, I am unable to change the default program that opens when I click on a ".js" file. The default program is stuck on "Microsoft Windows Based Script Host."

I've tried to change the default program multiple ways:

1) I've right-clicked on it, selected "Open with" and then "Choose another app". I selected a new program (in this case, the Atom code-editor), and then selected "Always use this app to open .js files." Doesn't work. The default remains Microsoft Windows
    Based Script Host.

2) I've gone to "Choose default apps by file type" in settings. Still doesn't work. Default stays the same.

3) I've gone to a .js file's properties and then clicked the "Change" button next to "Opens with." Still doesn't work.

I'm able to change the default program of other files, I just can't do it with ".js" files. Is there some new security feature in Windows 10 that prevents changing the default program for script files such as .js files?

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Zach

ZakAttakk, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

script file "setup.js" missing

1. script file "setup.js" missing - Similar Threads - script file setup

2. Script File Missing msvcp140_3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script File Missing msvcp140_3: In Windows 11, I'm getting this error when ever I connect to Wi-Fi/internet. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-file-missing-msvcp1403/eee29db6-3ee3-40ed-91a7-93a2f3d61abe
  3. Script File Missing msvcp140_3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script File Missing msvcp140_3: In Windows 11, I'm getting this error when ever I connect to Wi-Fi/internet. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-file-missing-msvcp1403/eee29db6-3ee3-40ed-91a7-93a2f3d61abe
  4. Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.: Hello all,I keep getting this message. I've gotten this message since I got my desktop over the summer. I've tried Malwarebytes and my own antivirus to make sure that there's no malware on my computer that this error message could be related to. I've also tried...
  5. Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.

Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.: Hello all,I keep getting this message. I've gotten this message since I got my desktop over the summer. I've tried Malwarebytes and my own antivirus to make sure that there's no malware on my computer that this error message could be related to. I've also tried...
  6. onedrive script error ConvergedSA_Core_HT3ZbdZtcVBGScpsV05Mbw2.js

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive script error ConvergedSA_Core_HT3ZbdZtcVBGScpsV05Mbw2.js: For now more than 3 months, when I try to long into my onedrive vault directly from my vault folder in the windows explorer, after entering the confirmation code, I get the below script error on line 0...
  7. onedrive script error ConvergedSA_Core_HT3ZbdZtcVBGScpsV05Mbw2.js

onedrive script error ConvergedSA_Core_HT3ZbdZtcVBGScpsV05Mbw2.js: For now more than 3 months, when I try to long into my onedrive vault directly from my vault folder in the windows explorer, after entering the confirmation code, I get the below script error on line 0...
  8. windows script host missing files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows script host missing files: i've had 2 of these annoying notifications that say: Can not find script file "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Local\Temp\yjji.vbs" and Can not find script file "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Local\Temp\OTPuw.vbs" i don't know what these mean... i don't think its a virus because i...
  9. script file missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    script file missing: in my system script file missing in local files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-file-missing/37a68ed1-1657-4e57-8687-b992fe944045"
  10. Windows Script Hoist - no script engine for file extension .js

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Script Hoist - no script engine for file extension .js: I am using Windows 10 Home on a HP i3 laptop. Just recently I have started receiving an error pop-up which says "Windows Script Host - There is no script engine for file extension ".js"". There doesn't seem to be a pattern to when the error appears, but it is quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows script file missing

2. setup.js script file

3. windows/temp/setup.js script file