Windows 10: Script for adding automatically more rules at once in Windows Firewall

Discus and support Script for adding automatically more rules at once in Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've manually blocked all Inbound and Outbound traffic. Can anyone please confirm that if I will add all these rules to Windows Firewall,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xdpsx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. xdpsx Win User

Script for adding automatically more rules at once in Windows Firewall

Hi,

I've manually blocked all Inbound and Outbound traffic.

Can anyone please confirm that if I will add all these rules to Windows Firewall, NOD32 Antivirus will work properly?

I would like if it possible to add all these rules into Windows Firewall on Windows Home 10 64-bit

http://support.eset....iewlocale=en_US

Someone can give any advice please, if there is any way to add by copy-paste all those rules into a script, in order to use the script for add them to Windows Firewall automatically, the reason would be that the rules have to be add on more machines.

Thank you.

:)

xdpsx, Nov 9, 2016

2. microsoft outlook mail does not have a valid digital signature

It is not a "band aid issue".

• Norton Firewall requires a new rule anytime an IP address/port number, domain name, protocol, or the executing program name changes.
    • The reason why we are getting this dialog is because of the newness and number of reported users.
    In the early days of firewall implementations, we had to set rules for everything. By automatically applying rules, we are relieved of a burdensome task that requires security expertise.

Once the days since the file was released and number of users
    using the file has reached the threshold set by Norton, then Norton Firewall will automatically add the rule for all subsequent users.

In the meantime, we need to know what critical factors to investigate, which tools to utilize in that investigation, and to be comfortable adding firewall rules. It would be reassuring to hear from a security expert on these matters. In the meantime, my
    original post provides a layman's approach to these concerns.

Thank you for your 'layman's explanation. This Norton firewall alert occurred with the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Home edition a week ago. I guess I'll wait for Norton firewall to automatically add the rule; I'm not savy enough to use the steps
    in your original post. But it does make me uncomfortable to allow each time the alert pops up. That 'number of users' could take awhile.

Footballfan2016, Nov 9, 2016
  3. microsoft outlook mail does not have a valid digital signature

It is not a "band aid issue".

• Norton Firewall requires a new rule anytime an IP address/port number, domain name, protocol, or the executing program name changes.
    • The reason why we are getting this dialog is because of the newness and number of reported users.
    In the early days of firewall implementations, we had to set rules for everything. By automatically applying rules, we are relieved of a burdensome task that requires security expertise.

Once the days since the file was released and number of users
    using the file has reached the threshold set by Norton, then Norton Firewall will automatically add the rule for all subsequent users.

In the meantime, we need to know what critical factors to investigate, which tools to utilize in that investigation, and to be comfortable adding firewall rules. It would be reassuring to hear from a security expert on these matters. In the meantime, my
    original post provides a layman's approach to these concerns.

RandyDaddis, Nov 9, 2016
Thema:

Script for adding automatically more rules at once in Windows Firewall

1. Script for adding automatically more rules at once in Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Script adding automatically

2. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  3. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  4. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  5. Adding firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding firewall rules: I am trying to get Windows 10 mail app to work, going through the firewall, using "Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control" . I have gotten instructions from the program maker to do this: Problem: Windows Mail can't synchronize folders: This applies to Windows 10 while Medium...
  6. Windows Firewall rules being modified/added then immediately deleted

Windows Firewall rules being modified/added then immediately deleted: Essentially we have been seeing many different logs for "A rule was modified" EVID 4947 in the Windows Firewall, the rule name and rule ID are GUIDs which lead us to believe the rules being modified weren't initially created by a user. When looking for the modified rule on...
  7. Adding a new rule using Windows Defender Firewall

Adding a new rule using Windows Defender Firewall: Hi all. I have an HP All-In-One Desktop running Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.720. I regularly run Windows update and the last update I received, March 12, 2020 is KB4551762 OS Builds 18362.720 and 18363.720. I manage my music through an older Logitech Squeezebox...
  8. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  9. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...