Windows 10: Script running in background?

Discus and support Script running in background? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a python script that I use to manage devicesfor example lighting that needs to be run at every login. I have put the script in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex_886, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Alex_886 Win User

Script running in background?

I have a python script that I use to manage devicesfor example lighting that needs to be run at every login.

I have put the script in the shell:startup folder, but a black window with my program appears every login. Is there any way to not see the python's black window, and to not see an icon in taskbar?

Best would to be put it in the bakground and not see the windowor taskbar icon at all

:)

Alex_886, Dec 24, 2020

2. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 24, 2020
  3. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Script running in background?

Background scripts

If I knew what kind of script it was I could stop it. How do I find out what it is? I got a pop up that a background script was running which was slowing down a search on yahoo. When I clicked the stop the script button it must have stopped it because
    my laptop ran perfectly again. Every time I restart the laptop this script must start again because it runs very slow again. How do I find a background script that is running and eliminate it?

MidlanticContracting LLC, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Script running in background?

1. Script running in background? - Similar Threads - Script running background

2. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?: first it was just 1 and after 5 mins i got these 2 morealso found these running with the same spam like names and on top of that i dont have chrome on my pc...
  3. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?: first it was just 1 and after 5 mins i got these 2 morealso found these running with the same spam like names and on top of that i dont have chrome on my pc...
  4. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can you make a vbs script run in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can you make a vbs script run in the background?: Basically, i have this script :Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject"WScript.Shell"If WshShell.AppActivate"wordpad" = True thenWshShell.run "cmd.exe"end ifThe thing is that, i need it to run in the background for my script to workIf it's possible, i would rather have no command...
  6. How can you make a vbs script run in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you make a vbs script run in the background?: Basically, i have this script :Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject"WScript.Shell"If WshShell.AppActivate"wordpad" = True thenWshShell.run "cmd.exe"end ifThe thing is that, i need it to run in the background for my script to workIf it's possible, i would rather have no command...
  7. How can you make a vbs script run in the background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long running scripts: I'm not a computer savvy person so bear with me. About a week ago You Tube started acting strange with its' presentation and got much slower in reacting to my inputs. I have a laptop with Windows 10. I can't get to tools to start getting to my add-ons. HELP! I also keep...
  9. Script running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  10. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...