Windows 10: Script that separates files according to destination folder name

Discus and support Script that separates files according to destination folder name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I need a Script that separates files According to destination folder name. Example if in the destination folder there is a folder named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cuhaigo23, Jul 7, 2021.

1. cuhaigo23 Win User

Script that separates files according to destination folder name

Greetings, I need a Script that separates files According to destination folder name. Example if in the destination folder there is a folder named Paulo, it searches in the source folder where the files are located to separate files that have the name Paulo. Origin Paulo24567.mp4 Destiny Paulo folder Thank you very much

:)

cuhaigo23, Jul 7, 2021

2. Robocopy Destination Naming Confusion

My command is:
    Code:
    Have I made an error again?

Earlier I tried to run a similar command as User.
    It produced a destination file named “Documents”.

So I tried again as PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    I got the same results on the destination side. “Documents.”

Thinking I had missed something I went to delete the destination “Documents” folder and try again.

At..Aare you sure you want to delete... the prompt showed the correct folder name "HP.Files."

So why is W10 changing my specified destination name in the properties and destination, and keeping it for the delete operation?

I still had the first User run on a different drive. Same problem: a conflict between the destination displayed name and the Properties name, and the name in the delete operation.

How can I get the right name to appear in the destination?

Everything else beside the name seems to working okay.

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

mikeincousa, Jul 7, 2021
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Jul 7, 2021
  4. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Script that separates files according to destination folder name - Similar Threads - Script separates files

2. File name too long for destination folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File name too long for destination folder: I have a parent folder containing multiple subfolders 100+ within. Every folder name is well under 256 characters. I need to transfer this particular parent folder regularly between my computer drives and have had no issue initially. However out of the blue I start receiving...
  3. File name too long for destination folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long for destination folder: I have a parent folder containing multiple subfolders 100+ within. Every folder name is well under 256 characters. I need to transfer this particular parent folder regularly between my computer drives and have had no issue initially. However out of the blue I start receiving...
  4. File name too long for destination folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. destination folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    destination folder: i want to download a game. I dont know what destination folder i could use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destination-folder/8ca458d8-51fe-4f34-9f79-d78b1a677bad
  6. destination folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    destination folder: i want to download a game. I dont know what destination folder i could use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destination-folder/8ca458d8-51fe-4f34-9f79-d78b1a677bad
  7. Destination's Folder

Destination's Folder: That it is full now and how does one empty it to allow backup space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destinations-folder/e67d4a5e-cda5-4b2a-af7d-fb0bd2d2afee
  8. Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?

Compare two folders and replace files in destination folder?: Hello, I'm reaching out here because I am currently dealing with corrupted files in a video game. I have isolated the files into their own folder and I'm hoping that I will be able to send the folder to a friend that has the correct files and have them replace those with the...
  9. the source and destination file names are the same

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the source and destination file names are the same: I get this message when trying burn files to a DVD using DVD as active storage. I can only choose Skip or Cancel. I've done both. When I move the DVD to another computer it doesn't show the files have been burned onto the DVD....
  10. Robocopy Destination Naming Confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Robocopy Destination Naming Confusion: My command is: Code: ROBOCOPY C:\Users\mikei\Documents J:\HP.Files /MIR /XD "C:\Users\mikei\Documents\FeedbackHub" "C:\Users\mikei\Documents\Cyberlink" /v /tee /ts /log:"I:\log.HP.temp.txt" [/quote] Have I made an error again? Earlier I tried to run a similar command as...