Windows 10: Script to authenticate mapping through office 365 (SharePoint)

Discus and support Script to authenticate mapping through office 365 (SharePoint) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to make an automatic script to be inserted in the windows 10 task scheduler I have a mapping on the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by breda, Jun 30, 2021.

1. breda Win User

Script to authenticate mapping through office 365 (SharePoint)

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to make an automatic script to be inserted in the windows 10 task scheduler I have a mapping on the desktop that comes from a sharepoint link, but over time it loses authentication and the user needs to access the site again, enter username and password and click yes 3 times (all this using IE) . Would it be possible to create a script where when starting windows it already runs the script with the sharepoint website + user and + password and closes it only for authentication purposes? ps: sorry my english is very bad, i hope i have been able to explain the doubt. Windows 10 Pro 20h2 v19042

:)

breda, Jun 30, 2021

2. Office 365 Sharepoint in Windows 10

I have the same issue as this person here in getting a drive mounted as a network drive. Except I am working in the Windows 10 world. Do I still need to authenticate through Internet Explorer first, or is there a way with edge now that IE is the outdated browser.

Edit for clarity: I understand that it still is possible to use the method in the linked question to map a network drive (internet explorer internet options, the log in), but as IE is outdated and insecure, should it still be done this way? If not, what should we do instead.

user173724, Jun 30, 2021
  3. cannot map my sharepoint 365 as a network drive

I recently upgraded to Windows 10

Since the upgrade I am no longer able to map my SharePoint 365 drive as a network drive

Is this a problem with compatibility between Microsoft Edge and SharePoint 365?

Is there a way to map to the SharePoint 365 drive?

DanNierste, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Nic-2017 Win User

Mapping drive for Sharepoint library, Office 365 - error message Access Denied

Help please! I am trying to map drives for sharepoint libraries in Teamsites. They need to go on multiple computers and are being mapped by multiple users. We have made sure the site is in the Trusted Sites, we have logged into Office 365 and SharePoint
    using Internet Explorer (and other web browsers), but when we get to the point of adding the mapped drive to the file browser, most users get the following error message:

Access denied: Before opening files in this location you must first add the web site to your trusted sites list, browse to the web site and select the option to login automatically.

However, some users don't get this error message and have no problem mapping the drives. I can't see any difference between these users who can map the drives, and those who can't. I have compared the security settings of the Trusted Sites in Internet Options,
    and also checked everyone's permissions in SharePoint.

Does anyone know what might be happening? Thanks!

Nic-2017, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Script to authenticate mapping through office 365 (SharePoint) - Similar Threads - Script authenticate mapping

2. Sharepoint and ADFS authentication loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharepoint and ADFS authentication loop: Hi,I'm stuck on the Sharepoint Sing in page loop after succesful ADFS user logon. I can see the eventid 4634 "logoff session" for that user in ADFS events.I need some assistance or guidelines as I've found nothing useful in forums.Your help is much appreciated....
  3. Sharepoint and ADFS authentication loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharepoint and ADFS authentication loop: Hi,I'm stuck on the Sharepoint Sing in page loop after succesful ADFS user logon. I can see the eventid 4634 "logoff session" for that user in ADFS events.I need some assistance or guidelines as I've found nothing useful in forums.Your help is much appreciated....
  4. Getting office 365 authentication event errors, without having office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting office 365 authentication event errors, without having office 365: Hi,Windows 10, Image Version: 10.0.18363.1500I'm getting a regular stream of two Error events in my event log, both appearing every 7 seconds or so:Event 4, App-model Runtime: Cannot create the process for package Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPluginEvent 10001, DistributedCOM: Unable...
  5. Sharepoint & Onedrive still setting up in Office 365 Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharepoint & Onedrive still setting up in Office 365 Business: Hello there, We already posted a ticket, though it was not that usefull, so I'm asking this question here directly. We're a small company, trying to set-up O365 business for all. So far everything went smoothly, though Onedrive and Sharepoint is still not set-up, even after...
  6. Map drive to Sharepoint Online

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map drive to Sharepoint Online: We're using sharepoint online and would like to map a drive to a library which has a number of subfolders in it (5000+). When I map it I'm told the folder is empty. I'm able to map directly to one of the subfolders and see files but not to the root of the Library. Is there a...
  7. sharepoint access with office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sharepoint access with office 365: how can I use sharepoint for my softball team. I don't belong to a school I belong to a sports organization. I also don't belong to a work organization...
  8. SharePoint and Office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    SharePoint and Office 2013: Hi, you can use OneDrive for Business with Office 2013 ProPlus, not having a SharePoint account? Thank you *sarc 67626
  9. New Intelligent search in SharePoint for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    New Intelligent search in SharePoint for Office 365: New features this month use the Microsoft Cloud to enhance organization-wide search, streamline content delivery, and enable modern communities. Intelligent, personalized search—Last year at Microsoft Ignite, we announced new search capabilities in SharePoint Onlinethat...
  10. Office 365 ATP for SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams available

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 ATP for SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams available: When moving your organization to cloud services, security concerns add another layer of consideration; one of trust. Security and compliance is an ongoing process, not a steady state. It is constantly maintained, enhanced, and verified by highly-skilled, experienced and...