Windows 10: Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user

Discus and support Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for a windows/powershell script to disable network adapter permanently (Mostly WiFi adapter) and also disable USB tethering option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NarainB, Oct 16, 2018.

1. NarainB Win User

Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user

Hello,

I am looking for a windows/powershell script to disable network adapter permanently (Mostly WiFi adapter) and also disable USB tethering option for internet access for non-administrative users on Windows 7,8 & 10 machines.

Tried following:

Powershell : Disable-NetAdapter "Wi-Fi"

Windows : netsh interface "Wi-Fi" DISABLE

Both these options though disables the adapter, but users can again enable it back. So please let me know if we have an option to disable the adapter permanently (without system reboot).

Thanks

:)

NarainB, Oct 16, 2018

2. How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 16, 2018
  3. s0rcerer Win User
    How to disable network adapter use for a single user

Hi all!!!

I had a system with 4 users (2 admins, 2 users) and 2 network adapters (1 wired adapter and 1 wifi adapter).

What I want to do is to disable 1 network adapter for each 2 users.
    A better explanation:
    - Users 1 and 2 should only have access to the wired adapter (Them are admins)
    - Users 3 and 4 should only have access to the wifi adapter (Them are users)

I also want that users of both groups can be logged at the same time without gaining access to the other adapter.

Thanks for the help.

s0rcerer, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user

Create WMI User with non admin privilege

Dears,

any one can help to create wmi user with non-admin privilege, user will be able to scan all windows computer and can read all information from domain computers?

if you can provide me a steps or powershell script!

Domain Controller windows 2012 R2

Thanks,

Hasan Zureigat, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user

1. Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user - Similar Threads - Script disable network

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  4. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  5. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  6. CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin

CMD script to recreate users AppData folder with all symlinks non-admin: can you provide a simple cmdline script which can recreate AppData folder structure along with all the symlinks must run without Admin Priviledges...
  7. USB COM port forn non admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB COM port forn non admin user: Hi Everyone,I have admin rights on a PC and I would like the non-admin users to be able to change COM ports and Port setting in the device manager. Any idea on how I can do it ? Many thanks for your help,PippoPOPOV...
  8. USB COM port forn non admin user

USB COM port forn non admin user: Hi Everyone,I have admin rights on a PC and I would like the non-admin users to be able to change COM ports and Port setting in the device manager. Any idea on how I can do it ? Many thanks for your help,PippoPOPOV...
  9. USB COM port forn non admin user

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable CMD for other users or non-admin users in Windows 10?: This is driving me crazy, because I have read over a dozen instructions which I have carried out to the letter, only to see the command prompt still working without a problem. The instructions that do work, tend to be for the current logged in user. So I have succeeded in...