Windows 10: Script to get IP address and send email every so often

Discus and support Script to get IP address and send email every so often in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there any decent programmers out there who can generate a script for me that does the following : 1) Get my IP address 2) send an email say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 1, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Script to get IP address and send email every so often

Hi there

any decent programmers out there who can generate a script for me that does the following :

1) Get my IP address
    2) send an email say every 30 mins (or user settable) to a FIXED email address - or even a text to a mobile phone.

The reason I want this is that services like no-Ip are going "PAY FOR" or you get some silly restrictions on the free stuff like re-register every few days or the IP address detection program runs every minute which is a nonsense --with Fibre connections to your ISP the IP address doesn't change much (if at all) while you are connected to the Internet - but only at boot.

That way I can access my home computer without needing to get a commercial domain etc -- on the LOCAL LAN the server has a fixed IP address so port forwarding isn't a problem for using things like RDP.

Please don't suggest TEAMVIEWER -- don't want or need it. My upload speed on ISP is perfectly good enough for me to be independent of this type of service.

Even if you run say an apache (LAMP / WAMP) server you will get access to it easily enough via its IP address of you know it.

Surprised some of the experienced coders out there haven't done this type of thing. Should be easy enough to issue a command to get your external IP address (Router gives you that without even needing Internet access from the HOST) , push the output say to a notepad file and then send email with the notepad attachment.

I'm not a coder --I know what to do --but not how to do it !! so any help there would be fine --don't care if it's C, C++, VB or anything so long as it works !!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 1, 2016

2. error code 554

I use WIndows 10 with Window Live email, I get my broadband and email from BT.com

Sometimes I get an error message "554 IP address rejected for policy reasons" when trying to send emails. Sometimes, if I keep clicking on send and receive, I can get the mails to go, it might take half a dozen tries over 45 minutes. Sometimes they won't
    go for a day or so. I send to a small number of regular contacts, often on "reply" so I don't think there's an issue with an incorrect address. This error turns up about once a week or so; the rest of the time everything is OK. BT.com are hopeless - long waits
    to get through to a call centre on their helpline. When you do get through you can't understand the person at the other end.

Can anyone help?

peterreillyOV, May 1, 2016
  3. unstable emails

since Windows 10 I have experienced unstable emails on (HP) desktop using TWCNY.RR.com or Google's g-mail and only occasionally Outlook. The email often sends itself before I type a message or the script may move into address or subject slot, be added
    to beginning or end. Very annoying-

fussellthomas, May 1, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Give me some time and I'll look into this today. I need to do some things first today.. like waking up. *Shock

I'll try it out in both VB.Net and AutoIt. I need to install .Net back on my PC and that will take an hour or so,.

Jeff

BunnyJ, May 1, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@Bunny

For Linux there's a simple command that returns your IP address (external)

dig +short myip.opendns.com @ReSolver1.opendns.co

This though seems to work for Windows

run this command as a normal user

Script to get IP address and send email every so often [​IMG]

the major problem now is to generate an email (in Batch) or a message to a mobile phone
    capturing linux output from the console is easy -- however I'm using OUTLOOK in Windows for email --Linux email clients still UGH UGH !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 1, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    It's really shouldn't be that hard to get this done with either VB or AutoIt.

I'll PM you later on with more information.

BunnyJ, May 1, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 1, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

I use this organisation that does not time out, and you can set up "dial home" interval.

FreeDNS - Free DNS - Dynamic DNS - Static DNS subdomain and domain hosting

I actually set up my raspberry pi to basically call ddns server every so often and update my external ip address.

I can't remember exactly how I did it but these links give more info.

Dynamic DNS clients

This gives some windows clients as well, but I just leave my pi on 24/7, and I have never had a problem

TechJawab.com: Setup Dynamic DNS / DynDNS for *FREE* on Raspberry Pi / Ubuntu

Now with bash on Insider versions .......

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Script to get IP address and send email every so often - Similar Threads - Script address send

2. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  3. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  4. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  5. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  6. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Screens are refreshing every so often

Screens are refreshing every so often: I'm running into a huge problem. I have Dual Monitor Setup, and every so often, both screens will blink like it's refreshing. . . If i'm watching a stream, the video goes GREEN, and I have to refresh the page. Getting rather annoying 165238
  8. Im Getting The BSOD Every So Often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im Getting The BSOD Every So Often: it doesnt crash very often its only happened once before which was about a month ago just wondering if anyone can make sense of all this : ******************************************************************************* *...
  9. Im Getting The BSOD Every So Often

Im Getting The BSOD Every So Often: it doesnt crash very often its only happened once before which was about a month ago just wondering if anyone can make sense of all this : ******************************************************************************* *...
  10. Default 'send as' email address

in Browsers and Email
    Default 'send as' email address: Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@). Is it possible to set a default send as address so the employees don't accidentally email from their own account when i'd prefer them to use info@ by default? I see when you're...