Windows 10: script to remove all apps by a specific vendor using wildcard name

Discus and support script to remove all apps by a specific vendor using wildcard name in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im wondering if it would be possible to install a/all program(s) based a search of the vendor. Running the PS command below I get a list of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brubakes, Jul 12, 2016.

1. brubakes Win User

script to remove all apps by a specific vendor using wildcard name

Im wondering if it would be possible to install a/all program(s) based a search of the vendor.

Running the PS command below I get a list of all installed programs, including their vendors, which is great. However I've noticed in the case of SMARTTech/SMARTBoard programs the vendor name changes. Sometimes its just SMART, sometimes SMART Technologies, or SMART Technologies INC, ect. It would be nice to just uninstall any and all software by say looking for *SMART* or similar. I'm not a powershell guru so any help would be great.

Code: get-wmiobject -class Win32_Product[/quote]

:)

brubakes, Jul 12, 2016
  2. MattBrahm Win User

What is Windows People Experience Host?

go into C:\Windows\SystemApps and then find the folder that says "Microsoft.Windows.PeopleExperienceHost," and move it somewhere. I created a folder in SystemApps called "OLD." This way, anything you move there can be restored if it breaks Windows. Unfortunately,
    this can't be done with Cortana :-(

The best way to remove other bloatware is with the get-appxpackage app in Powershell.

Use "get-appxpackage | select name" to return the name of all appxpackages on your machine. Use google to look them up if you aren't sure what they are, as many of them are needed for the system to run (such as .NET framework).

Then, for the ones you want to remove, use "get-appxpackage *solitaire* | Remove-appxpackage.

The asterisks are wildcards, so this command will remove everything with solitaire in it, which should only be the one solitaire app.

MattBrahm, Jul 12, 2016
  3. File search with wildcards in Windows 10

First you would have to get them to acknowledge that "wildcards" were part of the specification. I have only seen that mentioned in terms of compatibility with old functionality. For example, instead of using the conventional trailing asterisk to denote
    "match anything else to the end" we now have Name:~< and Name:~= to mean "Begins with" and "Contains" respectively, so with (im)precision like that who needs wildcards? <eg>

So, does your missing file turn up if instead you request Name:<~PICT Name:~>a Admittedly that might match more than you wanted, e.g. files with more or less than 4 characters between the patterns you specify but at least you would be using documented
    syntax to get them.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

script to remove all apps by a specific vendor using wildcard name

1. script to remove all apps by a specific vendor using wildcard name - Similar Threads - script remove apps

2. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  3. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name: I have a few music .mp3 that all have a different but singularised phrase within the parameters "[ ]" How would i be able to remove this from multiple different files. Labelled in the Picture Below...
  4. How to Remove a Specific Part of a file Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Using WMI to remove software with wildcard or variable names?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using WMI to remove software with wildcard or variable names?: Hello all – We have multiple versions of teamviewer softwareon multiple PCs. I need to get rid of them all about 1500 installs and using WMI commands is a goodbet it seems like. I don’t want tocreate long scripts with MSI Product code uninstall strings and what not. On our...
  6. Qualified Path Wildcard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Qualified Path Wildcard?: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0.18363.836 1909 Pro Administrator: Admin cmd C:\>"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2005.5-0\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate Signature update started . . . Signature update finished. C:\>"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  7. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.: I have been playing around with customising an Win 10 Pro ISO for installation. I basically want to get rid of pretty much ALL the Apps besides about three. For customisation, I have tried out WinReducer, MSMG, and WinToolkit, all of which allowed various levels of...
  8. Uninstalling ALL store apps with a script

Uninstalling ALL store apps with a script: I know absolutely nothing about Powershell, and I don't even want to. I would like to uninstall ALL store apps through a script/batch file or something. Could anyone tell me how? Apparently this is the Ps command to use "Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage" - but I...
  9. Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users

Uninstalling Specific Apps for All Users: Hey guys, I am interested in setting up some company-wide commands to remove a lot of the built-in crap from Windows 10. Employees don't need to be using the Xbox app, and we don't need Get Office, Get Skype etc as we already have those installed using the administrator...
  10. Any script/app to remove OOB apps?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any script/app to remove OOB apps?: Hi all, I use Windows 10 on several desktops where I do not need or want the built-in Metro or UWP apps. Some of them can be uninstalled and others the Uninstall option is greyed out. Is there a script (maybe PowerShell?) that removes all or specific bloat? Looking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remove-AppxPackage Package wildcard

2. uninstall all softeare from a certain vendor script