Windows 10: Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD

Discus and support Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,We are planning to move devices 35K from on premises AD joined machines to Azure AD with out resetting the devices , don't want to setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ranit, Nov 10, 2021.

1. ranit Win User

Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD

Hi All,We are planning to move devices 35K from on premises AD joined machines to Azure AD with out resetting the devices , don't want to setup autopilot which results in reset the device and also huge coordination required for end-user data back up and restore . Manually removing and adding the device will take lot of time , looking for some script which perform this activity remotely without major impact for the end users Request help in providing some guidance or if we have any script please provide . Thanks

:)

ranit, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Ethan.ASI Win User

Joining a Windows 10 Pro machine to Azure AD without linking/registering an employees email address to that computer

I have been researching for a few weeks now trying to figure out how to join Azure AD for new purchased machines when setting up the machine.

I have two different scenarios that would be joining azure AD.

1. Shipping a machine that has not been setup yet directly to an employee's location. I have to walk through step by step on how to configure settings, join the azure domain, and how to download a program or two. Is their a Microsoft process that I can put
    information into that knows that computer needs to join our azure domain? I do not wish to sign in with my credentials to join the azure domain each time we order a new computer.

2. If my company has a windows 10 Home edition machine that we would want to add to our Azure AD, We purchase a windows 10 pro license and activate it under the settings. our next step is going into the settings to join an azure AD domain through a Microsoft
    account, however I do not wish to register my account on every computer in our environment. Is their a way to have this computer join azure AD with some sort of a token or activation process? The second issue to this scenario is after joining the azure AD
    with my credentials the local admin account is still active and I need to then go through the process of logging in and removing this account.

What would be the best process of joining my environments machines to our Azure AD network without having to register my account with each computer?

Ethan.ASI, Nov 10, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Joining a Windows 10 Pro machine to Azure AD without linking/registering an employees email address to that computer

OH i see.

Yeah that right now is not possible.

The thing with "joining" a machine to Azure AD is it's not the traditional sense of joining a machine to Active Directory on premise as you are aware.

You could just use their credentials to join it before giving it to them, this will also make sure their profiles are setup for Window Mail etc.

Then have them reset their password after they get their machines.

We would do that before offline domain join was a thing, too bad Azure doesn't have something like that.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Try positing this question in the Azure community.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/commu...

SarahKong, Nov 10, 2021
  4. Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD

Difference between Azure AD and On-premise AD

Dear Support,

Can we achieve On-Premise features like group policy, OU structure and others in Azure AD?

Please specify difference between Azure AD and On-premise AD.

My main objective is to completely move on Azure AD.

Please Help

Regards

Dhiraj Pandey

DhirajPandey- [O365], Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD

1. Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD - Similar Threads - Script remove premises

2. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  3. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  4. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD: Hi,Currently we have our on-premise AD syncing to our Azure AD. We want to remove our on-premise AD and move all of our users to Azure AD. Since every user is already synced to our Azure AD, can we shut down our on-premise AD and connect our computers to the Azure AD? Will...
  5. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD: Hi,Currently we have our on-premise AD syncing to our Azure AD. We want to remove our on-premise AD and move all of our users to Azure AD. Since every user is already synced to our Azure AD, can we shut down our on-premise AD and connect our computers to the Azure AD? Will...
  6. Moving On-Premise AD Users to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Virtual Machine can't be joined to Azure AD after Sysprep

Virtual Machine can't be joined to Azure AD after Sysprep: Hi All,Need your expert advise. I have a Windows Virtual Machine image prepared with Sysprep. The image has setupcomplete.cmd where provisioning package ppkg does Azure AD domain enrollment. It works fine for laptop or desktop system, but not for VM. When I deploy the...
  8. Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD

Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD: Hi All,We are planning to move devices 35K from on premises AD joined machines to Azure AD with out resetting the devices , don't want to setup autopilot which results in reset the device and also huge coordination required for end-user data back up and restore . Manually...
  9. Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Script to remove On-premises domain joined machine and add device to Azure AD: Hi All,We are planning to move devices 35K from on premises AD joined machines to Azure AD with out resetting the devices , don't want to setup autopilot which results in reset the device and also huge coordination required for end-user data back up and restore . Manually...
  10. Dis-Join Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dis-Join Azure AD: Hello - Setting up a new install of Windows 10, when I attempt to join our domain active directory I get the message Joined to Azure AD, choose disconnect your device first. Researched how and the option to disconnect is not there. One person who also reported this same issue...