Windows 10: Scripted removal of HP JumpStarts

Discus and support Scripted removal of HP JumpStarts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, I have an HP EliteBook 840 G7. I will be deploying many of these to employees at my company. I want to automate the removal of OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Darthpenguin, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Scripted removal of HP JumpStarts

Hello All,

I have an HP EliteBook 840 G7. I will be deploying many of these to employees at my company. I want to automate the removal of OEM bloatware. I have a Powershell script that removes most of it. I cannot find a way to script the removal of HP JumpStarts

HP JumpStarts is not listed in Programs and Feature or listed in the cmd/powershell when I run Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product. I thought it was an appx package but get-appxpackage shows many installed applications but none are HP JumpStarts. If I search the C:\ drive for 'JumpStarts' it finds it in %localappdata% but if I delete it from there it is still installed on the system and I can still see it in the start menu.

It is listed in the start menu and in Apps and Features. From both of those places I can uninstall it by clicking 'uninstall' but I need a way do do this from a command shell so I can script it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Darthpenguin, Nov 20, 2020

2. HP Jumpstart

How can I download and install HP Jumpstart

Sailesh Pennam, Nov 20, 2020
  3. HP Jumpstart

Hi Sailesh

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You would need to factory reset your HP laptop in order to reinstall HP Jumpstart.

Here is a thread with steps how to do that;

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operatin...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Scripted removal of HP JumpStarts

disabling hp jumpstart launch

Hi derp,

yes it is ok to disable or uninstall HP Jumpstart Launcher

HP Jumpstart is responsible for the hp welcome screen and introduction screens, and encourages you to use the other bloatware.

Martmcd, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Scripted removal of HP JumpStarts

1. Scripted removal of HP JumpStarts - Similar Threads - Scripted removal JumpStarts

2. How to use HP JumpStart on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use HP JumpStart on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows computers are simple, safe, and secure. They come with their built-in advanced security defenders making it easy for us to stay protected. I have been using my HP Windows laptop for the last 4 years and am totally satisfied and content with its performance....
  3. JumpStart Game Series

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JumpStart Game Series: Hey there.I just wondering thinking about it before.What will happen on that JumpStart Game Series will run on Windows 10 or Windows 11?Let me know anything on what happens....
  4. JumpStart Game Series

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JumpStart Game Series: Hey there.I just wondering thinking about it before.What will happen on that JumpStart Game Series will run on Windows 10 or Windows 11?Let me know anything on what happens....
  5. Remove a windows update by script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove a windows update by script: I am very interested in microsoft response for a method to remove a windows update patch from many 100 domin joined win10 machines. I just spent 2 days trying to powershell script the removal of 2 updates that were released, installed and subsequnetly withdrawn by MS as they...
  6. How to uninstall HP Jumpstarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to uninstall HP Jumpstarts: How to uninstall HP Jumpstarts if its not visible in Programs and features, and how to get the GUID of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-hp-jumpstarts/057af9fb-63b3-4610-b337-fc64b45e6ba1
  7. disabling hp jumpstart launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    disabling hp jumpstart launch: i use ccleaner and i noticed that in the health check when it's done getting all the junk to clean, there's a section that shows startup apps to disable and in there ishp jumpstart launch. is it fine to disable it?...
  8. HP Jumpstart

HP Jumpstart: How can I download and install HP Jumpstart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-jumpstart/4139f492-8771-4960-8fc4-c0c92deadba8
  9. USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected: USB driver for jumpstart for compact flash not detected- I went through the device manager and uninstalled all the drives and then did an update and driver still not detected...
  10. Bloatware Removal Script

Bloatware Removal Script: I'm working on a PowerShell script to work with Windows 10 Enterprise and my imaging tools with the intent of creating a Windows 10 image for my workplace, and remove the bloatware that comes preinstalled. For example, I can't figure out why Microsoft thinks that access to a...