Windows 10: ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch

Discus and support ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had to upgrade my keyboard from Ergonomic Microsoft 4000 to the Ergonomic LXM-00001sad sad day. I have two computers and I use KVM I0Gear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LoriDeSantis, Oct 16, 2021.

1. ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch

I recently had to upgrade my keyboard from Ergonomic Microsoft 4000 to the Ergonomic LXM-00001sad sad day. I have two computers and I use KVM I0Gear switch for mouse and keyboard. No issues with original keyboard or even any other one I plug in except for the LXM. When plugged into the KVM switch ScrLk button is not lit up and if I depress twice to toggle to other computer I get nothing. It does not switch. I can use the keyboard on either computer but have to use another keyboard to toggle between the two. I have been every where. I have unhooked/shut down/restarted each individual

:)

LoriDeSantis, Oct 16, 2021
  2. jim85213 Win User

Good KVM Switch for Gaming

Does anyone have a suggestion for a gaming KVM switch. I have a system I do all my standard computing on and I'm currently building a gaming system. I want to get a KVM switch because I don't have the money or space for a new monitor. Are there any KVM switches that work exceptionally between standard and gaming systems, without losing video quality and performance???

jim85213, Oct 16, 2021
  3. KVM Switch disconnects from a port

I have a nice 4-port Trendnet KVM switch which works fine. Problem arose. I booted computer #2 in port 2 and it worked fine. I put computer #2 to sleep while I worked on computer #1. When I went back to #2 a couple hours later, Computer 2 would not reattach
    to the keyboard and mouse to the KVM switch. Regardless of what I did, I could not get it to recognize the switch.

I put computer #2 on to KVM port #3 and it works just fine.

What Something is wrong with the USB connection with port #2.

Suggestions?

Nantucketbob, Oct 16, 2021
  4. ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch

KVM switch USB not reinitializing

I've had the TK-409K KVM switch from Trendnet now for about a year and I don't have to switch between computers very often so I'm not sure when the problem started. I have a Window 10 desktop and a mac laptop hooked into the ports 1 and 2 of the KVM box.
    If the switch is set to the Windows computer when the computer boots, the mouse and keyboard and monitor work with no problem. However, if I switch to the mac and then back to the Windows computer, the monitor works but not the mouse and keyboard. I have to
    reboot Windows to get the mouse and keyboard to work again. When I switch to the Windows computer, the light on the KVM box never stop blinking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BradWhitmoyer, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch

1. ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch - Similar Threads - ScrLK working trying

2. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  3. Issue with a KVM switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a KVM switch: Hello, This is an odd one. I am currently using a KVM switch. Both computers are running Windows 11. Here is my set up: Monitors are 2 4K monitorsMonitor 1: M28U Monitor 2: Asus Predator something Computer 1: Desktop Graphics Card 3080 TIComputer 2: Microsoft Surface Laptop...
  4. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  5. switching licenses between two laptops

switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  6. ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch

ScrLK not working when trying to toggle between two computers using KVM switch: I recently had to upgrade my keyboard from Ergonomic Microsoft 4000 to the Ergonomic LXM-00001sad sad day. I have two computers and I use KVM I0Gear switch for mouse and keyboard. No issues with original keyboard or even any other one I plug in except for the LXM. When...
  7. Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors: For our business set up we use a switcher to change monitors between different 2 different desks. We use the monitor speakers instead of having additional clutter. The problem is that when we switch the main monitor A to the secondary monitor B it will automatically change to...
  8. Switch Windows 10 editions between two computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switch Windows 10 editions between two computers: I have one computer with Windows 10 Education and another with Windows 10 Pro. Both are activated. Is it possible to switch the licenses between these two computers?...
  9. Need To Switch OS Drive Between Two Computers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need To Switch OS Drive Between Two Computers.: Hello folks, I have two Windows 10 Pro computers I need to switch the OS drives. Because of the hardware restrictions, what would be the better way. I have backup images of both OS drives? I don't think I can just switch the drives; one drive is HHD and the other SSD. Thanks...
  10. Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch: Hi, When using Win10 with my monitor it correctly sets the resolution to 1360x768. When I use my KVM switch it changes the resolution to 1024x768 which looks all wrong. I try to manually change the resolution but 1360x768 is not on the list. I have unchecked the "hide...