Windows 10: Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Discus and support Scroll Bar jumping to top of page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Idris Dragon, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015.

After the last update I now have the same issue:

It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start,

It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!

I have followed the 2 things in the old post:

1. Disabled Cortana (why is this such a pain? It should be an optional feature. I have never used it anyway.

2. Stopping accented colours in preferences.

3. Checked for viruses (silly idea anyway, from someone at MS who had no idea what was happening.

Neither of these has worked and I still have the jumping scroll bar,

Fortunately the excellent and vastly superior (to file explorer) Multi Commander does not exhibit this fault.

As the start menu has this page a solution would be great. The inability to use drop boxes is more critical and indicates a windows bug.

***Modify title from: New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page***

:)

Idris Dragon, Dec 17, 2018
  2. ANANDHUSL Win User

Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

every time Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

ANANDHUSL, Dec 17, 2018
  3. mferg82 Win User
    Scroll bar jumping to top

I'm having an issue regarding the scroll bar automatically jumping to the top of the folder I'm in.

When I right click and set a desktop background, for example, the scroll bar jumps to the top of the folder. It won't stay put. Meaning I have to scroll all the way back down each time.

I'm sure it's a simple fix, and I'm just missing something?

Thanks

mferg82, Dec 17, 2018
  4. neo158 Win User

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Jump/Scroll to Top or Bottom?

If it's in an app then that's up to the developer to implement Jumps Lists. Jump Lists show up where need after a certain amount of content or apps are available within the OS.

neo158, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

1. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page - Similar Threads - Scroll Bar jumping

2. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  3. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  4. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  5. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  6. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Page jumps back to top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page jumps back to top: This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too. Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you scroll down to the picture you want to rename. Highlight that picture, and while you're thinking about what to name it, the...
  8. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  9. New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...