Windows 10: Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only...

Discus and support Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mouse not letting me click anything other than the top folder or file in file explorer and when I try to scroll down using mouse wheel or by dragging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinFdo, Jun 21, 2019.

1. KevinFdo Win User

Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only...

Mouse not letting me click anything other than the top folder or file in file explorer and when I try to scroll down using mouse wheel or by dragging the scroll bar it scrolls back to top instantly. I clean installed windows twice and tried using an external mouse after disabling the touch pad, but the problem still persists. I have't turned on automatic accent colors either.Even though I can navigate using the keyboard arrow keys without an issue. Could it be the keyboard causing this?

:)

KevinFdo, Jun 21, 2019

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Jun 21, 2019
  3. ANANDHUSL Win User
    Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

every time Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

ANANDHUSL, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only...

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Scroll bar jumps back to the top in file explorer when trying to scroll down and I'm only... - Similar Threads - Scroll bar jumps

2. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  3. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping: I have looked at this question posed before and I tried two different solutions. I do not have a color change set in Settings, and I tried the Safe Mode and reset method. Nothings works. What is the solution, please?...
  4. Scroll bar in Windows Explorer jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  6. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  7. New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  8. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.: Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds). After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically...
  9. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Explorer scroll bar jumps: Dont know if anyone else has this problem but every time i go to rename a folder in explorer it keeps jumping to the top, very annoying. I researched thru google and someone mentioned to go to Personalization, Color then choose Automatic pick an accent color from my...