Windows 10: Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10.

Discus and support Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop computer for my father who recently had his 91st birthday. Previously he was using windows XP with minor operating concerns.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BRoberts, Dec 22, 2015.

1. BRoberts Win User

Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10.

I purchased a new laptop computer for my father who recently had his 91st birthday.
    Previously he was using windows XP with minor operating concerns.
    Part of the package when buying the new computer was an update to Windows 10.
    He is now having a problem with the scroll bar moving erratically if the bar is not "clicked" first.
    By this I mean that the scoll bar moves up and down even when the mouse pointer is in the body
    of the docment.
    In previous versions of windows this was not a problem. Why has it suddenly appeared in Windows 10?
    Is there a fix for this very annoying problem. Bearing in mind the user is 91 years old, think he is do a great job
    operating a computer in the first place.
    Please help me.

:)

BRoberts, Dec 22, 2015

2. windows 10 scroll bar

I would like to change a Windows 10 setting so the scroll bar does not disappear after one minute of no movement of the mouse. I could tolerate the disappearing scroll bar IF as long as the pointer is in the area of the scroll bar the scroll bar remains
    visible.

SteveMulford, Dec 22, 2015
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Upgraded to Windows 10; 32bit...Microsoft Edge has issues

Microsoft Edge browser has no bottom Scroll bar.....(right to left movement). I must always open Edge to Max if I want to view the entire site. If I small down the Window.....part of the site is not viewable because of the lack of a scroll bar.

Seems Edge was either not properly installed with Upgrade. Is there a Fix? I looked for something in its Setting; found nothing.

denmarfl, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10.

1. Scroll Bar movement in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Scroll Bar movement

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar: I have lost my scroll bar. Tried restart but that didn't help.How do I get back the scroll bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar/79826604-0692-46e1-9d6a-7c3cffbaee72
  3. Bring back windows 10 task bar movement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back windows 10 task bar movement.: I want to only have 1 task bar but not keep it on my main display. Can you bring back this feature, I do not know why it was ever removed in the first place....
  4. Bring back windows 10 task bar movement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bring back windows 10 task bar movement.: I want to only have 1 task bar but not keep it on my main display. Can you bring back this feature, I do not know why it was ever removed in the first place....
  5. scroll bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  6. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  7. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...
  8. Scroll Bar

Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...
  9. Widen scroll bar Windows 10

Widen scroll bar Windows 10: How to widen scroll bar in Windows 10 And change other items sizes etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/widen-scroll-bar-windows-10/24c1df8e-8c76-4653-8421-d5274608d6dc
  10. Prevent window movement when scrolling to scroll boundaries?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent window movement when scrolling to scroll boundaries?: Hi, recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 and was wondering if it's possible to prevent the slight up/down movement that happens to certain windows when scrolling to the 'scroll boundary' whilst scrolling with touchscreen or trackpad as shown here I don't mind it for most...