Windows 10: Scroll Click not working in Notepad

Discus and support Scroll Click not working in Notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plantpat16, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to move through my note. I'm using a wireless mouse. I've tried turning off the mouse and unplugging the USB and plugging it back in, even in a different USB port but no luck. This scroll click feature did come back for me temporarily but then stopped working again, so it's very inconsistent.

:)

Plantpat16, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Berton Win User

Notepad on Windows 7\

Suggestion would be uninstall then new install on Win7. Maybe an older version would work better? A list, maybe Version 7?
    News | Notepad++

Berton, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

Scroll Click not working in Notepad

Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to move through my note. I'm using a wireless mouse. I've tried turning off the mouse and unplugging the USB and plugging it back in, even in a different USB port but no luck. This scroll click feature did come back for me temporarily but then stopped working again, so it's very inconsistent.

Plantpat16, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Scroll Click not working in Notepad

1. Scroll Click not working in Notepad - Similar Threads - Scroll Click working

2. My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me: I use a jelly comb mouse and I have tried different methods to fix it but nothing helps the scrolling issue. Everything else runs fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-scroll-wheel-isnt-working-clicking-works/36a62a22-488a-4d5b-9f5b-2a9b89937eb5
  3. My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me: I use a jelly comb mouse and I have tried different methods to fix it but nothing helps the scrolling issue. Everything else runs fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-scroll-wheel-isnt-working-clicking-works/36a62a22-488a-4d5b-9f5b-2a9b89937eb5
  4. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  5. Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work: In Notepad, the scrolling on a laptop's touchpad isn't smooth at all. First there's a delay, and then it jerks down and stops. So you can't read as you scroll because it's not smooth and you lose your place and have to find where you were reading. It's extremely...
  6. Middle click scrolling not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Middle click scrolling not working: I have a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center customized, however I can't figure out how to make the middle button drag scroll. I've set the button as "Middle Click" but it doesn't work. Anyone know if there's a reg hack or something for this?...
  7. notepad Right click, pin to taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    notepad Right click, pin to taskbar not working: Still can not get notepad to remember files on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-right-click-pin-to-taskbar-not-working/b637c704-b5b9-4dd9-91a8-d854fd230421
  8. Touchpad scrolling and right click not working

Touchpad scrolling and right click not working: I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and in Windows 10 my right click and scroll don’t work at all but they work when I boot into Mac OS. My volume shortcuts (f11 and f12) also don’t work but I can control them manually. Any solutions? (I have already reset it and no change has...
  9. Triple-clicking in Notepad

Triple-clicking in Notepad: I use Windows 10 Notepad a lot because it's a simple plain text editor and I frequently need to select entire lines of text so I can copy/paste it into another program. But I find it strange that triple-clicking won't select anything and it's kind of cumbersome to use the...
  10. Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back

in Windows 10 Support
    Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back: I'm curious to know if there is a change for this because it is annoying to me since it occurs when something is highlighted in selection as well as AFTER it is unselected. I've uploaded a gif - With a bunch of random text, I select some, scroll away so it is out of view and...