Windows 10: Scroll/dragging of text in windows not proper

Discus and support Scroll/dragging of text in windows not proper in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Scrolling causes text to drag causing those lines as seen[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by __HiteshGoyal__, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Scroll/dragging of text in windows not proper

Scrolling causes text to drag causing those lines as seenScroll/dragging of text in windows not proper [​IMG]

:)

__HiteshGoyal__, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Scroll/dragging of text in windows not proper

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Scroll/dragging of text in windows not proper

1. Scroll/dragging of text in windows not proper - Similar Threads - Scroll dragging text

2. Scrolling not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling not working properly: It doesn't matter whether I scroll up or down, the page always just glitches up and down. I plugged in a different mouse and it does the exact same, so it is not a hardware issue. How can I fix this...
  3. Scrolling not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling not working properly: It doesn't matter whether I scroll up or down, the page always just glitches up and down. I plugged in a different mouse and it does the exact same, so it is not a hardware issue. How can I fix this...
  4. Scrolling not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  6. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  7. Drag and drop not working properly

8. When I drag the window and scroll the text, there will be an afterimage and the problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I drag the window and scroll the text, there will be an afterimage and the problem...: When I scroll the webpage and drag the window on the computer, the text and pictures of webpage and window will appear afterimages. This is also the case in all mobile phones that have been connected to the computer through the USB data cable. I guess the mobile phone which...
  9. When I drag the window and scroll the text, there will be an afterimage and the problem...

When I drag the window and scroll the text, there will be an afterimage and the problem...: When I scroll the webpage and drag the window on the computer, the text and pictures of webpage and window will appear afterimages. This is also the case in all mobile phones that have been connected to the computer through the USB data cable. I guess the mobile phone which...
  10. Scrolling causes text to drag causing those lines as seen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling causes text to drag causing those lines as seen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hiteshgoyal-hkg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewq8yo/scrolling_causes_text_to_drag_causing_those_lines/