Windows 10: scroll inactive windows

Discus and support scroll inactive windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This setting is making windows very difficult to use. Even when off in the settings it stays on and make it difficult to move through my open tabs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DustinCarrier, Sep 3, 2020.

1. scroll inactive windows

This setting is making windows very difficult to use. Even when off in the settings it stays on and make it difficult to move through my open tabs.

:)

DustinCarrier, Sep 3, 2020

2. scroll inactive window

Hi,

To address your concern with Scroll Inactive Window, we suggest that you update the driver of your mouse. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior?

-----

Hi,

Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue. Short version - tried to turn off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" in Mouse Settings, but it still incorrectly allows scrolling of inactive
    windows in the same application as the active one, (i.e. it seems to be making the decision as to whether to scroll inactive not at the window level, as it should, but at the application level).

Example: When I watch videos on Youtube, (Firefox 75.0x64) the way I usually open a video I want is when I see one in the list that I want to watch, I Ctrl-Right click, Open in New (Private) Window, (I hate tabs scroll inactive windows ;) ) so now I have two separate Firefox
    windows on Youtube open - one with the list I was just looking at, (say, my subscription page) the other with the video that I've chosen to watch. I make the one with the video active by clicking on play, but it still lets me scroll the other, (subscription
    page) Youtube window while inactive, (again, even with the inactive scroll switch turned off in mouse settings, and even rebooted, in case that made a difference - it doesn't).

Double-checked other open windows, and, if they're Firefox windows, they still allow scrolling while inactive, whereas any other application windows do not. Seems like a bug to me, (i.e. the feature isn't called "scroll inactive applications...") or
    is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

DylanHunter, Sep 3, 2020
  4. scroll inactive windows

GregSheridan, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

scroll inactive windows

1. scroll inactive windows - Similar Threads - scroll inactive

2. "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...: hello. i am writing to you because, like many people before me, i am experiencing this problem with this feature. all the solutions proposed before don't seem to work in my specific case. in a nutshell, when i try to scroll with the mouse in a windows app or in the start...
  3. "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Scroll Inactive Windows When I Hover Over Them" option not working in windows settings bu...: hello. i am writing to you because, like many people before me, i am experiencing this problem with this feature. all the solutions proposed before don't seem to work in my specific case. in a nutshell, when i try to scroll with the mouse in a windows app or in the start...
  4. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept: Hi ExpertsRunning Windows 10 20H2 I have some issues with the mouse settings and the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" option. When I enable the option it works fine until I restart the computer - then it toggles off again. I have searched some other forums that...
  5. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept: Hi ExpertsRunning Windows 10 20H2 I have some issues with the mouse settings and the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" option. When I enable the option it works fine until I restart the computer - then it toggles off again. I have searched some other forums that...
  6. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have to select a window to activate it, and then only could you scroll through the content. However, with this feature enabled,...
  8. Scroll inactive windows when I hover over then NOT WORKING - Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scroll inactive windows when I hover over then NOT WORKING - Windows 10 Pro: Scroll inactive windows when I hover over then box is off in settings/mouse but continues to function as if it is on. How can I disable?...
  9. Powertools causing 'scroll inactive windows when i hover over them' to now work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powertools causing 'scroll inactive windows when i hover over them' to now work: What the title says, Powertools causing 'scroll inactive windows when i hover over them' to now work. submitted by /u/NxtDoorNerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpr7xm/powertools_causing_scroll_inactive_windows_when_i/
  10. "Scroll Inactive Window" does not respect Fullscreen application in multi-monitor config

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Scroll Inactive Window" does not respect Fullscreen application in multi-monitor config: when "Scroll Inactive Window" settings > devices > mouse/touchpad > Scroll Inactive Window when I hover over them is active it performs inconstantly with fullscreen applications, and the way the mouse performs otherwise with an application in Fullscreen display mode. the...