Windows 10: Scroll speed of mouse slows down to minimum when connecting to external monitor

Discus and support Scroll speed of mouse slows down to minimum when connecting to external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a Microsoft Wireless Mobile mouse 3500 and I have started to get a very annoying bug. My normal scroll speed is being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arno12, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Arno12 Win User

Scroll speed of mouse slows down to minimum when connecting to external monitor

Hello,

I recently purchased a Microsoft Wireless Mobile mouse 3500 and I have started to get a very annoying bug.

My normal scroll speed is being completely slowed despite the options staying the same (I kept the default # of rows to skip and the system preference options remain correct). The touchpad scroll also works perfectly fine, it's just the mouse after some time being connected to an external display. It seems to occur when the computer (Dell XPS13) goes to sleep mode and I come back to login.

It's extremely frustrating as the only way I have to reset this is a full restart.

Thank you,

:)

Arno12, Nov 1, 2019
  2. dh13 Win User

No mouse scrolling on external monitor - X1 Carbon

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo X1 Carbon and I am having an issue with scrolling on an external monitor.

The monitor connects and I can point and click on the screen using a USB mouse; however, when I use use the scroll wheel on the mouse nothing will scroll. If I use the track pad, I can scroll on the external monitor like normal.

I have tried two different monitors and several different USB mouse, and no change has been seen.

I do not know if this is a Windows 10 issue or if it is an issue with X1's in general.

Could anyone assist me if troubleshoothing this issue?

Thank you

dh13, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Booms Win User

Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Hi,
    I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control).
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Scroll speed of mouse slows down to minimum when connecting to external monitor - Similar Threads - Scroll speed mouse

2. screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse: My external mouse keep son flickering the screen up and down when scrolling. I tried another mouse and it works fine. I've also tried updating and reinstalling the drivers but nothing seems to work....
  3. screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse: My external mouse keep son flickering the screen up and down when scrolling. I tried another mouse and it works fine. I've also tried updating and reinstalling the drivers but nothing seems to work....
  4. screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MS Wordpad is unaffected by mouse scroll speed. Super slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Wordpad is unaffected by mouse scroll speed. Super slow!: MS Wordpad is unaffected by mouse scroll speed. I bought a new logitech mouse, MX Master 3, and the windows mouse settings for scroll speed don't help things. At most I only get one line move for each wheel movement. All other applications move however many lines I have it...
  6. MS Wordpad is unaffected by mouse scroll speed. Super slow!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Wordpad is unaffected by mouse scroll speed. Super slow!: MS Wordpad is unaffected by mouse scroll speed. I bought a new logitech mouse, MX Master 3, and the windows mouse settings for scroll speed don't help things. At most I only get one line move for each wheel movement. All other applications move however many lines I have it...
  7. mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa: I am using Logitech woreless M150 mouse, so whenever i scroll down or up it goes, little in other direction. I tried different wheel number of line, enable one screen at a time , hide pointer while typing , switching batteries but nothing works, cleaning dust evrything i...
  8. WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection speed slowed down when Location Service is active: When the Location Service is activated WiFi Connection speed slows down to less than 1 Mbps while the actual line speed is 4 Mbps. I'm quite sure the problem is caused by Location Service as the connection speed drops to like 100 Kbps instantly after I switch the Location...
  9. Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser: I just noticed this today and it's bothering me a lot. Dell Inspiron Laptop, 13 inch. i7, 256 SSD, 8 GB of RAM, Whenever I scroll with my touch screen it scrolls extremely slow. It is slow whether I'm in tablet mode or not. I'm used to being on an android phone and...
  10. No mouse scrolling on external monitor - X1 Carbon

in Windows 10 Support
    No mouse scrolling on external monitor - X1 Carbon: Hi, I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo X1 Carbon and I am having an issue with scrolling on an external monitor. The monitor connects and I can point and click on the screen using a USB mouse; however, when I use use the scroll wheel on the mouse nothing will scroll....