Windows 10: Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i've been searching this issue on Google with literal no topic about it so i'll just make the first one here: From a time i have an A4Tech V7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nabuhris, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Nabuhris Win User

Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore

Hi, i've been searching this issue on Google with literal no topic about it so i'll just make the first one here:

From a time i have an A4Tech V7 Gaming mouse that works perfect in Windows 7. Since a few weeks ago, after Microsoft deployed a patch on Windows 10, my scrolling wheel stopped working both on softwares and games. After 1-2 restarts it would go away and this kept on for about a week, and i guess after that, another patch was deployed that fixed it. Last night a new patch was deployed that returned the issue and this time, even after 3 restarts the scroll still doesn't work. Is there anything to be done so i don't have to wait anymore for those guys?

Clicking the scroll [Mouse3] works, scrolling up and down is what doesn't work.

:)

Nabuhris, Apr 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Magnifier: Ctrl + Alt + mouse scroll wheel does not work

Hi,

On my own computer with Windows 10 the function CTRL + ALT +Scroll wheel works.

On my working computer with Windows 10 the function CTRL + ALT +Scroll wheel doesn't work.

Might it be a question of update or setting ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Anthony

ANTHONYLECOQ, Apr 14, 2016
  3. Zooming in Windows 10 Photos App

Zooming with the scroll wheel in win 10 photos app refuses to work anymore. It is the only god damn app I use every day and now it makes my life ten times harder to work my photos. I want my zooming scroll back. Why is it every time MS sucks, no one has
    an answer anywhere in the world. If you call MS they want $100 to answer your question. I want zooming on the scroll wheel back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

movieskinny, Apr 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, can only suggest general things to do.
    Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating the mouse driver?

Please try following the pattern of actions here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/303091

Yes, it's talking about a Microsoft mouse, but the principles apply- just adapt as appropriate to your mouse.

dalchina, Apr 14, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    You also talk about a patch destroying it and then another correcting the issue, yet you didn't choose to include what those patches were.

List them please, as that may hasten issue resolution.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Scroll wheel doesn't

2. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll wheel not working: Scroll wheel only works within Windows 10, eg settings, device manager etc, but not in any other software, eg browser, Outlook, Excel etc. This applies to any mouse used. Have followed all online suggestions so far with no luck....
  3. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll wheel not working: Scroll wheel only works within Windows 10, eg settings, device manager etc, but not in any other software, eg browser, Outlook, Excel etc. This applies to any mouse used. Have followed all online suggestions so far with no luck....
  4. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  6. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  7. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Scrolling with mouse wheel doesn't work in most apps anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling with mouse wheel doesn't work in most apps anymore: Hey guys, I've posted this in r/techsupport already with no response, so I thought I'd try again here, since it's actually driving me insane: For a few weeks now, my mouse wheel hasn't worked the way it should. In some apps where you can scroll vertically, it works just...
  9. Scroll wheel doesn't work on a specific dialog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scroll wheel doesn't work on a specific dialog: Hello, I have a Dell mouse whose scroll wheel works on all of my apps and in most Windows dialogs. However, I have noticed that it no longer functions on one specific window, and I'm pretty sure it used to in the past i.e. a preview Windows update. I don't know the official...
  10. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...