Windows 10: Scroll wheel issues? Cannot find any help or suggestions online.

Discus and support Scroll wheel issues? Cannot find any help or suggestions online. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I scroll down on a page. The page jumps down. Then when I want to scroll back up the page, the page continues to scroll down. I have to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SteveMcQueen36, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Scroll wheel issues? Cannot find any help or suggestions online.

When I scroll down on a page. The page jumps down. Then when I want to scroll back up the page, the page continues to scroll down. I have to use the scroll bar on the side of the page to go back to the top, or get the page where I want it. Scrolling is useless. However, pages will start to scroll themselves when the pointer is near the bottom of the page. It’s very annoying. Why is this happening? All drivers are up to date. It’s happening with all mice.

Here is an older post with a similar issue.

submitted by /u/SteveMcQueen36
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SteveMcQueen36, Nov 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Booms Win User

Scroll wheel issues? Cannot find any help or suggestions online.

Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Hi,
    I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control).
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Scroll wheel issues? Cannot find any help or suggestions online.

1. Scroll wheel issues? Cannot find any help or suggestions online. - Similar Threads - Scroll wheel issues

2. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll wheel not working: Scroll wheel only works within Windows 10, eg settings, device manager etc, but not in any other software, eg browser, Outlook, Excel etc. This applies to any mouse used. Have followed all online suggestions so far with no luck....
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

Deactivate Scroll Wheel: Hello,I have an very old server running on VNC. The server predates mouse wheels and crashes completely if someone attempts to scroll. Multiple people use the server and every other month I need to restart it. due the issue. Which takes a while and stops a couple of processes...
  5. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deactivate Scroll Wheel: Hello,I have an very old server running on VNC. The server predates mouse wheels and crashes completely if someone attempts to scroll. Multiple people use the server and every other month I need to restart it. due the issue. Which takes a while and stops a couple of processes...
  6. Scroll wheel rubberbanding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll wheel rubberbanding: Since yesterday my scrolling experience in all of Windows 10 has been absolutely awful. Suddenly every scroll is rubberbanding; sort of bouncing back up or not registering, and it makes scrolling an absolute nightmare. Any clues, anyone? submitted by /u/coIox [link]...
  7. Disable Scroll Wheel?

Disable Scroll Wheel?: My Mouse is on the fritz and wont stop randomly scrolling up and down, it stops when i unplug the mouse and happens in any usb port so i'm pretty sure its just a hardware issue. Until i get a new mouse how can i disable the mouse scroll? tried googling but finding no answer....
  8. Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue: I have the mouse less than a year, and it behaves as if the scroll wheel is depressed, causing Windows to engage the scroll mode. The scroll wheel also seems to hit the top of the mouse buttons, which interferes with usage. I need warranty service, but am not able to get...
  9. Scroll Wheel

Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  10. no scroll wheel in mail

no scroll wheel in mail: Understand first that I am talking about the mail program that comes built in to Windows 10. Understand also that there is nothing wrong with my mouse or with its operation in any other program. Finally, understand that my mouse can move the elevator bars in windows 10 to...