Windows 10: scroll wheel will not work in Photos app

Discus and support scroll wheel will not work in Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to open a photo and then scroll through to the precious or next photo. The photos app is set up to do that, but it doesn't work, it works for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by comsax, May 14, 2022.

1. comsax Win User

scroll wheel will not work in Photos app

I want to open a photo and then scroll through to the precious or next photo. The photos app is set up to do that, but it doesn't work, it works for zoom Ctrl+scroll wheel. The most frustrating thing is that all the fix posts are outdated! this seems so simple, why hasn't it been fixed?

:)

comsax, May 14, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Hi Lozza47au,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. On the other computer where you have described ‘something has gone haywire’, are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel issue specific to particular photo in that photo folder?
    3. Do you face the same issue when you open the photo in a different application?
    4. What is the make and model of the Keyboard, mouse?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to refer to the suggestions from Ernie San dated November 22, 2016 and Dan9090 dated September 1, 2017 to check if that makes any difference.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ll-wheel/e7c0b95c-34cd-4a92-8797-44fbfc8077a8

Method B: You may also want to move couple of photos to a different location and check if those Photo app options work normally.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 14, 2022
  3. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

How to reset the Scroll Wheel to Zoom again instead of viewing next photo

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, May 14, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. scroll wheel will not work in Photos app - Similar Threads - scroll wheel Photos

2. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll wheel not working: Scroll wheel only works within Windows 10, eg settings, device manager etc, but not in any other software, eg browser, Outlook, Excel etc. This applies to any mouse used. Have followed all online suggestions so far with no luck....
  3. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll wheel not working: Scroll wheel only works within Windows 10, eg settings, device manager etc, but not in any other software, eg browser, Outlook, Excel etc. This applies to any mouse used. Have followed all online suggestions so far with no luck....
  4. Scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. scroll wheel will not work in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll wheel will not work in Photos app: I want to open a photo and then scroll through to the precious or next photo. The photos app is set up to do that, but it doesn't work, it works for zoom Ctrl+scroll wheel. The most frustrating thing is that all the fix posts are outdated! this seems so simple, why hasn't it...
  6. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  7. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  8. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  10. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...