Windows 10: Scroll Wheel

Discus and support Scroll Wheel in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cappsi, Jan 30, 2020.

1. /u/cappsi Win User

Scroll Wheel

Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action. You'll scroll down and it'll randomly go up a few sentences and then go back down.

I don't understand how to fix it. It happens to most employees at work, it happens with my gaming rig. What in the world.

submitted by /u/cappsi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cappsi, Jan 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jan 30, 2020
  3. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

Great answer. Too bad it's not for the question that the OP asked, which was;

"How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS"

ShrykePotPie, Jan 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Scroll Wheel

Windows 10 not registering Mouse Scroll Wheel input

Hi, welcome to tenforums.

Suggest you try:
    a. A different mouse
    b. Safe mode (will use different driver)
    c. Check inside mouse- dirt can get into mouse around the scroll wheel - I find cat hairs accumulate
    d.Check the value of

Scroll Wheel [​IMG]

"WheelScrollLines"="0" - probably disables scrolling.

dalchina, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Scroll Wheel

1. Scroll Wheel - Similar Threads - Scroll Wheel

2. Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.: Earlier today, completely randomly and when not in use this problem has started out of nowhere where the computer is auto-scrolling down all the time.At first, I assumed my mouse was just glitching, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... no change.Then I thought maybe it...
  3. Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.: Earlier today, completely randomly and when not in use this problem has started out of nowhere where the computer is auto-scrolling down all the time.At first, I assumed my mouse was just glitching, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... no change.Then I thought maybe it...
  4. Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. windows 11 remote desktop scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 remote desktop scroll wheel not working: Using Windows 11 remote desktop the scroll wheel does not work. On all three of my remote systems with the latest Windows 11 Pro update the scroll wheel does not function. The windowed area will not move up and down using the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel functions normally...
  6. windows 11 remote desktop scroll wheel not working

windows 11 remote desktop scroll wheel not working: Using Windows 11 remote desktop the scroll wheel does not work. On all three of my remote systems with the latest Windows 11 Pro update the scroll wheel does not function. The windowed area will not move up and down using the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel functions normally...
  7. My mouse scroll wheel is not working properly

My mouse scroll wheel is not working properly: From a few days now I am seeing that my mouse is working fine when I am scrolling it upwards but it doesn't work properly when I scroll down. When I scroll down it sometimes for1 second works fine and all of a sudden stops scrolling, but my wheel scrolls fully. I have tried...
  8. My mouse scroll wheel is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse scroll wheel is not working properly: From a few days now I am seeing that my mouse is working fine when I am scrolling it upwards but it doesn't work properly when I scroll down. When I scroll down it sometimes for1 second works fine and all of a sudden stops scrolling, but my wheel scrolls fully. I have tried...
  9. I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...: I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to scroll. There is no updates for my windows and I have a wired typhoon mouse, can someone help?I know this isnt directed related to microsoft but is their a chance someone knows what I need...
  10. I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...

I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...: I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to scroll. There is no updates for my windows and I have a wired typhoon mouse, can someone help?I know this isnt directed related to microsoft but is their a chance someone knows what I need...