Windows 10: Scroll with keyboard

Discus and support Scroll with keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to scroll a window with the keyboard? 42559 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Feb 29, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Scroll with keyboard

Is there a way to scroll a window with the keyboard?

:)

tcebob, Feb 29, 2016

2. Make standard keyboard layout as default in Windows 10.

To activate the standard keyboard : open

Settings/ Devices/ Typing/ Touch keyboard . Scroll to bottom • slide to on. Add the standard keyboard layout

alanjenkins2728, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Jack Lowe Win User
    windows 10 Store - scrolling problems

Got my Windows 10 upgrade and after many problems, the Windows Store
    finally opened!

1. The vertical scroll bar disappears after a few seconds. The scroll bar only reappears when the cursor is moved.

2. Positioning (re-positioning) the cursor is difficult due to the small size of the scroll bar. This is the same complaint I have with the new Edge browser!

3. The keyboard down-arrow will scroll the page DOWN, but instead of the up-arrow scrolling to the UP, it scrolls all the way to the top! This is non-standard and inconsistent with how we've always used the keyboard for scrolling.

Please consider fixing these annoying problems.

Jack Lowe, Feb 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Scroll with keyboard

Isn't there a vertical line at the right side of the keypad ?
    That is used for scrolling as well.

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    David is it different for laptop vs Desktops ?? with mine, its just the arrow keys.....real easy...?

OldMike65, Feb 29, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Haven't seen such on the usual Desktop keyboards but some Notebooks have it on the Touchpad along with a horizontal line on the Touchpad. Haven't had occasion to checkout one of the keyboards that include the Touchpad feature yet, did see one in an office store before Christmas but it wasn't connected to a Desktop.

Berton, Feb 29, 2016
  7. I had one Logitech keyboard that had a dedicated scroll wheel on it. Some of the fancier Microsoft keyboards likely have one. My Logitech K400 has a touch pad where the number keypad would normally be. It's two finger scroll like on my laptop touch pad. On the last two laptops I've bought, an ASUS and an Acer, there is no dedicated scroll bar or area on the touch pad. They both do it with two finger scroll gestures.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Scroll with keyboard

1. Scroll with keyboard - Similar Threads - Scroll keyboard

2. Infinite scrolling in windows and keyboard turned eaaratic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite scrolling in windows and keyboard turned eaaratic.: I'm facing multiple issues with my scroll pad and keyboard: First it started with my laptop being scrolled down to the bottom infinitely. And then later now my keyboard runs erratic and I notice that many shortcut keys are not working. For example the shortcut key to open end...
  3. Infinite scrolling in windows and keyboard turned eaaratic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Infinite scrolling in windows and keyboard turned eaaratic.: I'm facing multiple issues with my scroll pad and keyboard: First it started with my laptop being scrolled down to the bottom infinitely. And then later now my keyboard runs erratic and I notice that many shortcut keys are not working. For example the shortcut key to open end...
  4. Infinite scrolling in windows and keyboard turned eaaratic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse sticking when scrolling using Wireless Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard 850

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse sticking when scrolling using Wireless Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard 850: I am using the above Wireless Mouse and keyboard with MS mouse and keyboard center app- with setting of paste set for the middle wheel button function. The wheel is sticking while scrolling and sometimes not responding at all when I move the button up and down. Battery is...
  6. Mouse sticking when scrolling using Wireless Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard 850

Mouse sticking when scrolling using Wireless Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard 850: I am using the above Wireless Mouse and keyboard with MS mouse and keyboard center app- with setting of paste set for the middle wheel button function. The wheel is sticking while scrolling and sometimes not responding at all when I move the button up and down. Battery is...
  7. Mouse sticking when scrolling using Wireless Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard 850

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. 2.4G Keyboard Mouse causing auto-scroll. How to permanently delete?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2.4G Keyboard Mouse causing auto-scroll. How to permanently delete?: Yesterday all my windows suddenly started auto-scrolling. Turned off auto-scroll in settings and I uninstalled my keyboard and mouse in the devise manager, but neither worked. I noticed that my devices and printers had a device called "2.4G Keyboard Mouse" and when I deleted...
  9. 2.4G Keyboard Mouse causing auto-scroll. How to permanently delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2.4G Keyboard Mouse causing auto-scroll. How to permanently delete?: Yesterday all my windows suddenly started auto-scrolling. Turned off auto-scroll in settings and I uninstalled my keyboard and mouse in the devise manager, but neither worked. I noticed that my devices and printers had a device called "2.4G Keyboard Mouse" and when I deleted...
  10. 2.4G Keyboard Mouse causing auto-scroll. How to permanently delete?