Windows 10: Scrollbar contrast in apps

Discus and support Scrollbar contrast in apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/v86YS6R.png I'm already using the "dark" theme... But my scrollbars are still bright. This is a problem for me because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 2allmyhaters, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Scrollbar contrast in apps

https://i.imgur.com/v86YS6R.png

I'm already using the "dark" theme... But my scrollbars are still bright.

This is a problem for me because the background of the scrollbar is white, and the foreground is a very bright grey, so I can barely tell where it is.

Is there any way to adjust this?

:)

2allmyhaters, Mar 17, 2020

2. changing the contrast of the scrollbar in windows 10

This problem has been raised a myriad times (I can see) since 2016. I am very disappointed that you have done nothing by now - Dec 2019.

Just Do it !!!

Enable the user to change the color of the scrollbar and the button in the scrollbar.

It is important.

And don't suggest the high contrast theme, that is plain horrible.

For this reason I am still working with windows 7.

maybe it seems to you guys not important to me it renders navigating applications that need scrolling almost impossible.

I am not going to switch to 10 until this is solved.

And while you are at it, do something about the color of the title bar of office applications (e.g. word).

Up to some version (was it office 2010 ?) if I 2 to word documents open, I could tell which one was in focus.

In the later versions, they are all the same color, which renders it very difficult to work.

I am a programmer, but when I open Word, I open 3 documents at once, because I have to compare them, copy stuff from one to the other etc.

It is very frustrating that I cannot tell at a glance, which has the focus.

disappointed

Michael Abulaffio, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Is there a way to increase scroll bar contrast in Windows 10?

The only way I know of increasing the contrast of scrollbars in Windows 10 is:

and change the setting from "None" to one of the four listed high-contrast themes. That will, unfortunately, make massive changes to all elements of all windows, not just scrollbars. But it will make your scrollbars higher-contrast.

Robbie Hatley, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Scrollbar contrast in apps

Vertical scrollbar-change colour ?

Is there a way to change the colour of vertical scrollbar in Windows 10 ? .... high contrast theme..does not help .

Thank you.

Can you change colour of scrollbar in Firefox ?

treblefree, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Scrollbar contrast in apps

1. Scrollbar contrast in apps - Similar Threads - Scrollbar contrast apps

2. coloring scrollbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    coloring scrollbar: I have followed Community advice on how to get more visible scrollbars. Nothing brings improvement, but I did discover that there is supposed to be a way to color the scrollbar column, and to give the blob a contrasting color. That should solve my problem, but the prescribed...
  3. coloring scrollbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    coloring scrollbar: I have followed Community advice on how to get more visible scrollbars. Nothing brings improvement, but I did discover that there is supposed to be a way to color the scrollbar column, and to give the blob a contrasting color. That should solve my problem, but the prescribed...
  4. Dark scrollbar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark scrollbar in Outlook: Hi,I have noticed that the scrollbars in Outlook have suddenly become very dark. I can't stand this look and want to know how to change the colour to a light grey....
  5. Scrollbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrollbar: Can anyone solve this for me? I'm seeing a vertical scrollbar on everything I've even noticed it on CMD. I haven't messed with my graphics settings and can't say when this first started. submitted by /u/Skinnykins8 [link] [comments]...
  6. vertical scrollbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    vertical scrollbar: How do I move vertical scrollbar from left to right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vertical-scrollbar/33f00ec8-d98b-41d9-aaa0-a52e8fb19171
  7. Change scrollbar color or increase contrast.

Change scrollbar color or increase contrast.: How do I make the contrast between the scroll box and the page up/page down region greater so I can easily see it? In many cases I have to squint because the contrast is so slight between the shades of grey. I just compared it to Windows 98SE and there is a marked progression...
  8. changing the contrast of the scrollbar in windows 10

changing the contrast of the scrollbar in windows 10: This problem has been raised a myriad times I can see since 2016. I am very disappointed that you have done nothing by now - Dec 2019. Just Do it !!! Enable the user to change the color of the scrollbar and the button in the scrollbar. It is important. And don't...
  9. Scrollbar issuees...

Scrollbar issuees...: I asked this question before, but have new info. I have an Alienware 17r5, all drivers are up to date and bios is too. The problem is that the Scrollbar auto scrolls up or down after a few clicks of the applicable arrow (up/down). This occurs in any window, whether its Edge,...
  10. Auto hide scrollbars

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide scrollbars: How to stop scrollbars from hiding? 99184