Windows 10: Scrolling and dropdown boxes

Discus and support Scrolling and dropdown boxes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SharonHankins, Sep 7, 2018.

1. SharonHankins Win User

Scrolling and dropdown boxes

All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!

:)

SharonHankins, Sep 7, 2018
  2. MomentoMoir Win User

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Chicken Patty Win User
    Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Sep 7, 2018
  4. esl_97_850_T5 Win User

How to disable the new circular attribute of Win10 IE11 dropdown select list?

IE must be used due to its ability to handle ActiveX controls from Realterm.

Several dropdown lists are necessary.

Apparently, a recently installed Win10 / IE11 update has changed my dropdown select lists into circular wraparound lists.

I need to disable the circular wraparound attribute for select lists (in IE11, and in all other browsers that might begin behaving similarly).

Is there something like a "circular: none" or "wraparound: none" that can be applied to the select element in CSS so that:

a) the initial list display only occupies a portion of 1 single line,

b) clicking on that 1 single item in the list will popup the dropdown list,

c) the 1st item in the list is always at the top, even though it may not be visible (due to disappearing off the top of the IE11 default-sized fixed scrolling region) while scrolling to later members of the list,

d) the last item in the list is always at the bottom, even though it may not be visible (due to disappearing off the bottom of the IE11 default-sized fixed scrolling region) while scrolling to earlier members of the list,

e) the 1st item in the list absolutely never appears at the bottom of the popup dropdown list, and

f) the last item in the list absolutely never appears at the top of the popup dropdown list?

Or is there another simple, preferably non-Javascript way to accomplish this goal.

Basically, I want to preserve the old style of dropdown lists from WinXP IE8 and Win7 IE11 (and, IIRC, even Win10 IE11 up until a few weeks/months ago), though I'm willing to lose the scroll bar on the righthand size. That scrollbar is not a biggy for me
    to retain.

esl_97_850_T5, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Scrolling and dropdown boxes - Similar Threads - Scrolling dropdown boxes

2. Win 10 Freezes on dropdown menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Freezes on dropdown menu: My Surface Pro 4 running Win10 keeps hanging for usually 10-20secs when I open dropdown menus within a web page. I do not suffer the same problem from the same accounts on my desktop. any ideas? including the 'topic' at the foot of this page for 5 secs...
  3. Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar doesn't record dropdowns: I'm using the Game Bar to record something I'm doing on a website, because the Game Bar appears to be the only facility in Windows to record a screen capture. So I just noticed that it doesn't record the menu of dropdown elements, even though they definitely appear on screen....
  4. Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling: When I open anything in Windows 10, it scrolls to the bottom of the page, uncontrollably. It seems to happen every time I get an update. What can be done to stop this?...
  5. Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge - Scroll Bar and Comments Box dissapearing on certain websites.: Recently typed a lengthy comment in a comment box on Reddit.com. Decided to scroll up to check the user name of the OP at the top of the page using the scroll bar, my comments and the comment box all disappeared. This has been going on for weeks. Nothing would bring back my...
  6. Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge: Is there a method whereby I can reduce the spacing in the drop down menu's in Edge browser? [img] I much prefer the closer spacing as used in Firefox! [img] 34814
  7. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until...
  8. Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge: Odd problem here. When using the site www.ava.org, the links across the top like Clubs and Events should have drop downs. On Windows 7 and 8, the dropdowns work fine with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. On Windows 10, the dropdowns only work in Edge. I have...
  9. Word dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Word dropdown menu: Hi, I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD. However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can...
  10. windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling: Since I installed Windows 10 I have been having these issues on and off. when I try to click on a drop down to access the choices i am unable to when I scroll on a window it scrolls back up as I try to scroll down, When trying to access things like the the system menus to...