Windows 10: Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86

Discus and support Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm running a 32-bit Windows 10 OS on my laptop but I'm experiencing two issues. With the first one, each time I'm trying to rename a file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdmundAddo, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86

Hello. I'm running a 32-bit Windows 10 OS on my laptop but I'm experiencing two issues. With the first one, each time I'm trying to rename a file or folder in Windows Explorer and it's still in edit mode after one minute, it saves using the existing name and not the new one.

With the second issue, anytime I'm scrolling through a folder in windows explorer, it takes me back to the very top of the folder. Any ideas what could be wrong?

:)

EdmundAddo, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86

1. Scrolling and renaming issue on Windows 10 x86 - Similar Threads - Scrolling renaming issue

2. Windows 10 Rename Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Rename Issue: I was trying to select multiple photos and rename which was in multiple formats like jpg, pngI needed windows to rename those files in a order for example: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3but windows 10 renames it by file type now i have photo 1, photo 1, photo 2, photo 2like the...
  3. Windows 10 Rename Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Rename Issue: I was trying to select multiple photos and rename which was in multiple formats like jpg, pngI needed windows to rename those files in a order for example: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3but windows 10 renames it by file type now i have photo 1, photo 1, photo 2, photo 2like the...
  4. Windows 10 Rename Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows scrolling issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows scrolling issue: So recently I got a legion gaming pc and I plugged in my Xbox one controller to use for games and stuff. But the Xbox controller wouldn’t connect via Bluetooth for some reason so I had to use it via mini USB. When I’m using the controller it will periodically disconnect...
  6. Single click rename issues on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single click rename issues on windows 10: After updating to windows 10 h121 while single left click the icon on desktop it will rename..please help how to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-rename-issues-on-windows-10/78e939c7-84c6-4dd0-8069-2f8ac61d3bd2
  7. Issues with scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with scrolling: So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows 10 from (i think) windows 7 and since then I’m unable to scroll using the little line going down the right side of the...
  8. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling issue: new pc windows 10 in S mode using explorernto open pages, if inscroll or page down, within seconds it returns to top of page, how do i stop this all the forums point to auto accent color off but i dont have that in my settings to disable...
  9. Windows 10 scrolling issue in folders

Windows 10 scrolling issue in folders: We are having an issue that all folders (or properties dialogue boxes) scroll to the bottom, meaning that we cannot select an item at the top of the folder, or amend details at the top of the dialogue box. Internet pages do not automatically scroll. However, the start...
  10. Windows 10 Photo Folder Scrolling and Photo Renaming

Windows 10 Photo Folder Scrolling and Photo Renaming: When i scroll through my photo folders to the most recent it keeps jumping back to the oldest folder row! It's like there is a specific dwell time you are allowed before it goes back. When i try to rename a photo if it doesn't jump out of rename mode the changed text doesn't...