Windows 10: scrolling in File Explorer

Discus and support scrolling in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sammytruck, Feb 6, 2015.

1. scrolling in File Explorer

My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top.

Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so annoying, to always have to down to the bottom of the folder manually.

Windows 7 never did this. I wish they would make it as Windows 7 handled this..!

:)

sammytruck, Feb 6, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 6, 2015
  3. FlashDRW Win User
    File Explorer in Win 10 still Auto-Scrolling to the top

Infuriating glitch, all historical fixes have been tried and no joy.

***Subject edited by the moderator for clarity.***

FlashDRW, Feb 6, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

scrolling in File Explorer

Go to the feedback section of MS(win10) and post the suggestion. If other agree with you then something might be done about this.

Welcome to the forum
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2015
Thema:

scrolling in File Explorer

1. scrolling in File Explorer - Similar Threads - scrolling File Explorer

2. File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Scrolling while clicking and dragging: I recently updated to Windows 11 version 22H2 and I can no longer scroll in file explorer while "holding" a file by clicking and dragging. For example, if you have a folder with a large number of items, you arrange it by name, you want to move file zxy.txt into a Folder named...
  3. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  4. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  5. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File explorer scrolls automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer scrolls automatically: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  7. File Explorer Scroll Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Scroll Lag: Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue....
  8. File Explorer crashes when scrolling.

File Explorer crashes when scrolling.: When i right click any folder on the sidebar e.g. Quick Access folders and scroll down the explorer just crashes. When i right click on a quick access folder it crashes when i get to "unpin from quick access". When i right click a folder under "this pc", it crashes when i...
  9. File Explorer scrolling issue

File Explorer scrolling issue: Whenever scrolling down the page of files whether it's word docs, music, photos, etc. my screen will automatically without provocation scroll back to the top of the page. When renaming files it is very problematic. Is there a solution?...
  10. File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps scrolling back to the top.: Updated Win10 Pro to 1809 before file delete issues. Patch was applied last night. In file explorer, in folders with large number of files, window will refresh back up to the top (approx every 5 seconds). After searching, the Personalization>Colors>disabling "Automatically...