Windows 10: Scrolling in most windows...

Discus and support Scrolling in most windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This may be a stupid question, as I just bought a new Alienware 17 Laptop with Windows 10, being an old Win7 user, retiring a 7 year old laptop pc. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricMe1, Mar 2, 2019.

1. EricMe1 Win User

Scrolling in most windows...

This may be a stupid question, as I just bought a new Alienware 17 Laptop with Windows 10, being an old Win7 user, retiring a 7 year old laptop pc. My concern is that when I scroll up and down using the scroll bar up or down arrows, repeated clicks cause the window to scroll until it reaches the top or bottom of the page being displayed. I've looked up stuff but things like Click-Lock and inactive window scrolling come up and playing around with them does nothing, nor does modifying button clicking speeds, etc. This issue has been verified in the Edge and Chrome browsers, so I am assuming the issue is in Windows itself and not the browsers themselves...thank you for any help!!!

-Eric

:)

EricMe1, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Scrolling in most windows...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Scrolling in most windows...

1. Scrolling in most windows... - Similar Threads - Scrolling

2. How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11: How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-caps-lock-num-lock-scroll-lock/08e352e5-cda9-4054-9cf0-245d797eaa49
  3. How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11: How do I turn off caps lock num lock scroll lock indicator, I've tried everything. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-caps-lock-num-lock-scroll-lock/08e352e5-cda9-4054-9cf0-245d797eaa49
  4. how to solve two fingure scroll problem in window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to solve two fingure scroll problem in window 10 ?: two fingure scroll is not working . zoom in and zoom out with touchpad is not working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-two-fingure-scroll-problem-in-window/87eaa013-908f-4ad2-83b2-07efd00b5f4f
  5. how to solve two fingure scroll problem in window 10 ?

how to solve two fingure scroll problem in window 10 ?: two fingure scroll is not working . zoom in and zoom out with touchpad is not working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-two-fingure-scroll-problem-in-window/87eaa013-908f-4ad2-83b2-07efd00b5f4f
  6. How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11

How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11: When I click on a window e.g., Explorer title bar and keep the touchpad pressed, the systems waits for me to drag the window.If I click near the left or right edge of the touchpad and keep the touchpad pressed the system drags the window left or right without me moving my...
  7. How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable 1 finger scrolling on Win 11: When I click on a window e.g., Explorer title bar and keep the touchpad pressed, the systems waits for me to drag the window.If I click near the left or right edge of the touchpad and keep the touchpad pressed the system drags the window left or right without me moving my...
  8. Windows keep getting scroll down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep getting scroll down randomly: whenever i use my laptop, sometimes it get randomly scroll down continuously. It stopped after i press Esc or S key but will always randomly act up again after, i tried all i know from updating mouse driver to msconfig, even restarting multiple times. It keep happening...
  9. Windows keep getting scroll down randomly

Windows keep getting scroll down randomly: whenever i use my laptop, sometimes it get randomly scroll down continuously. It stopped after i press Esc or S key but will always randomly act up again after, i tried all i know from updating mouse driver to msconfig, even restarting multiple times. It keep happening...
  10. I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...: I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to scroll. There is no updates for my windows and I have a wired typhoon mouse, can someone help?I know this isnt directed related to microsoft but is their a chance someone knows what I need...