Windows 10: Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic)

Discus and support Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In pretty much all pages, (not just PDFs), scrolling down happens in a lag-then-spurt manner. Not at all smooth. Problem observed on three different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aharown07, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Aharown07 Win User

Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic)

In pretty much all pages, (not just PDFs), scrolling down happens in a lag-then-spurt manner. Not at all smooth.

• Problem observed on three different computers, multiple accounts
    • Scrolling works normally in all other applications on these computers (including browsers, and Office 365 apps)
    • Problem does not occur in OneNote 2016 (but I don't especially like that version)
    • Mouse is Logitech M705 using SetPoint. I have it set to scroll three lines at a time via the mouse wheel.

Any tips on how to smooth out the scrolling? I anticipate hearing that there is something wrong with my configuration, but scrolling works perfectly for me in every application except OneNote for Windows. ... which I use quite a bit every day.

(Also, why isn't there a topic in the dropdown for "Windows Apps"? "Windows performance & system failures" was as close as I could get... not very close.)

:)

Aharown07, Sep 4, 2018

2. What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Sep 4, 2018
  3. How to disable smooth scrolling for metro apps in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the smooth scrolling and check if it helps.

• Navigate to System Properties by right clicking
      Properties from my computer.
    • Click on Advanced and click on
      Performance settings
    • In Visual Effects tab of Performance Options window, click
      Custom. Then deselect the following items to Disable some unnecessary eye candy:
    • Uncheck Smooth-scroll list boxes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 4, 2018
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Scrolling seems slow and jerky

I get the jerky scrolling in Firefox, but not in IE 11 (Desktop). IE 11(desktop) is very smooth and actually quite bit faster then Firefox though I use Firefox 90% of the time.

Thema:

1. Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic) - Similar Threads - Scrolling notes OneNote

2. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  3. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  4. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  5. OneNote Scroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Scroll: Hello, I use OneNote for note taking and notice that when I highlight a large block of text, I cannot easily scroll up or down the page. It seems to lag, unlike other Microsoft Office products. Is there a setting where this can be corrected?Thank you,...
  6. OneNote smoothing disabled with update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote smoothing disabled with update?: I use OneNote for school with a Huion graphics tablet to handwrite on calculus tests. I just updated my windows to build 19041 and the handwriting smoothing automatically disabled and touch inputs are super jagged only on OneNote. The pen pressure still works, the drawing...
  7. Disable smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable smooth scrolling: How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling. I know that...
  8. Smooth scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smooth scroll not working?: I recently updated several drivers, one of them was for my mouse and keyboard also Microsoft products, and when that happened I noticed that when I scrolled down on a website using the wheel, it would skip several pages so I used the scroll bar to read the whole thing. I was...
  9. Mouse smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse smooth scrolling: Some screen asked me if I want smooth scrolling and I said yes and I hate it. I can't find that window back. I don't want smooth scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-smooth-scrolling/675577ca-3a8b-4939-b1ad-7ab54c86aaec
  10. Scrolling seems slow and jerky

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling seems slow and jerky: Is may be just me but scrolling up and down through posts in this forum seems slow and jerky compared to eight forums. If I press the arrow keys to scroll up and down then it scrolls a bit, pauses for a split second and then carries on a bit more before pausing again. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onenote not scrolling

2. why is there a mouse scrolling delay in onenote

3. OneNote mouse scrolling issues

4. scrolling on pad sensitivity onenote,
  5. onenote scrolling suddenly,
  6. how to scroll down in one notes,
  7. why doesnt onenote scroll sideways with trackpad,
  8. enable free scrolling in onenote,
  9. onenote is not smooth surface,
  10. onenote scrolling delay,
  11. how to scroll in onenote with mouse,