Windows 10: Scrolling not working in Task View

Discus and support Scrolling not working in Task View in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title mentioned, I can not scroll my activities in Task View, it is only possible via the scroll bar that appears on the screen but not from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shehabskull, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Scrolling not working in Task View

As the title mentioned, I can not scroll my activities in Task View, it is only possible via the scroll bar that appears on the screen but not from my mouse or touchpad.

I tried the following solutions but with no solve:

- Installing a new version of windows

- Reinstalling current windows (Reset with keeping my files)

- Disabling collecting activities from privacy settings

All these fixes didn't help unemotionality and I am still having the same annoying issue, please note that I can scroll in the whole system but not in the task view particularly.

Thanks..

:)

shehabskull, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Scroll issues in Task Manager, Windows 10

steps to reproduce the problem

1. open task manager
    2. click on more details if its not
    3. go to performance tab
    4. decrease its height till it has two scrolls for the two sections
    5. hover over the right section (CPU, Memory, …) and try to scroll

what is expected to happen

the right section to scroll

what went wrong

the left section is scrolling instead

***Modified Title from: can't scroll task manager***

robertisaac, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Scrolling not working in Task View

Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Scrolling not working in Task View

1. Scrolling not working in Task View - Similar Threads - Scrolling working Task

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task View Not Working

Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  6. Task View Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  7. Task View Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Task View Button Is not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Task View Button Is not working.: The computer I am using was just had a clean slate reset only a few months ago. when I try to use the task view it won't open. I have tried using the shortcut windows+tab and it still won't open. Everything else works perfectly it's just Task view that won't work. I have...
  9. Task view not working properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task view not working properly: Task view was working good before. But now it only records history of Microsoft news and store. I tried reinstalling windows, but did not work. Even there is no clear history button in privacy settings. #Please tell what to do???????...
  10. task view no longer works

task view no longer works: task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-no-longer-works/e1e354d7-e254-4699-9743-4f68e9e505a6