Windows 10: Scrolling pictures thru Photos...does not correspond to the sequencing of photos shown in...

Discus and support Scrolling pictures thru Photos...does not correspond to the sequencing of photos shown in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to see the same pictures in the same order in PHOTOS as I do in my Files Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesCullion, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Scrolling pictures thru Photos...does not correspond to the sequencing of photos shown in...

I would like to see the same pictures in the same order in PHOTOS as I do in my Files Explorer.

:)

JamesCullion, Sep 27, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos App

Hi, presumably you have neither disk images (very strongly recommended as Windows is fragile) nor system restore points.
    This is not a unique situation as you've probably found when searching the web.

Do you keep any sort of record of changes you make.. did you make any prior to this occurring?
    Did any sort of update occur?

One suggestion I've seen is to reassociate jpg with another program (check it opens the file) and then associate it back with Photos.
    You might want to check other image types handled by Photos as well.

For a basic normal sequence of checks try:
    remote procedure call failed opening a photo jpg file - Microsoft Community
    Scroll down/search (quite way) to Anshul Khanna and go from there for basic ideas.

The intention is to retry Photos after each step.

One of many such reports:
    http://earthwithsun.com/questions/96...mage-with-phot

dalchina, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Carlo Win User
    Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using the Windows 10 Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos. Every file in the Storyboard shows the sad emoticon and a message stating "We can't find this file".

I have tried all of the obvious steps of updating Settings -> Sources to include the folder containing all the source material (E:\Photos)

Being understandably reluctant to give up completely on my work I discovered that the file format is SQLite and so managed to open the database using DB Browser for SQLite. The table Folder reveals the list below. I have tried various SQL scripts to try to correct the references to point to E:\Photos, all of which have failed.

When first opening the database to view the folders I also receive a message stating I have missing collating sequences. I've been told this is because the database is using collating sequences that are missing in DB Browser.

Can anyone please suggest how to correct the references in the database so that Windows 10 Photo App is able to find my photos?

Carlo, Sep 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Scrolling pictures thru Photos...does not correspond to the sequencing of photos shown in...

dalchina, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Scrolling pictures thru Photos...does not correspond to the sequencing of photos shown in...

1. Scrolling pictures thru Photos...does not correspond to the sequencing of photos shown in... - Similar Threads - Scrolling pictures thru

2. Lost photos pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost photos pictures: I have lost my photo from desktop and one drive How do i get them back from the cloud Hope someone can help me i changed phones and deleted them not realising that they disappeared from my laptop as well 139227
  3. Re sequencing photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re sequencing photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App.: How can I resort photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App ? When I try to click and drag a photo to a different location it just bounces back to its original location. Is there any way to move photos like you can in a file folder or like you could in the old Photo...
  4. Picture/photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture/photos: I have 40,000+ pictures on my computer. I want to give my kids their own pictures that they took and stored on my computer. With six kids, I can't go through 40,000 pictures six times. I want to go through them one time and move them into their own folders, then I want to...
  5. Picture (photo) printing

Picture (photo) printing: I am using Win 10, and I wonder about printing photos. If I use the right mouse click to print photos and I select the 9 up option,how can I select where on a 81/2x11 page they print. I would like to order them either in a row ( l to R) or in a column (top to bottom). The...
  6. Scroll Pictures in Photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Pictures in Photo: I open photos the timeline appears on right side with arrows and dates. I cannot get the photos to scroll. Seems like it should be the way to view photos. I'm not interested in rewriting programs I just want to click and have the photos scroll....
  7. My photo viewer does not show the pictures

My photo viewer does not show the pictures: My photo viewer does not show the pictures. I click on the extra large view button and nothing happens, so I clicked on the large view button, on and on but none of the pictures show up. How can I get that fixed?...
  8. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...
  9. Photo Scroll

Photo Scroll: Just wondering if there's a way to make Photos scroll in/out with the scroll wheel on the mouse like Win 7? Using win10 stock photo viewer 54374
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461