Windows 10: Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue?

Discus and support Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of a couple annoying things with Windows 10 (maybe with other versions too, I'm not sure) is this: - When I open the Task Manager with focus on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Paultx Win User

Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue?

One of a couple annoying things with Windows 10 (maybe with other versions too, I'm not sure) is this: - When I open the Task Manager with focus on the Processes tab, which has processes that go beyond the initial "window", if I use my mouse wheel while it's just hovering over the Task Manager it scrolls right away, and that's great! - When I open the Start menu, if I use my mouse wheel it doesn't scroll while hovering... I have to click on a blank area of the menu or its scroll bar for the wheel to work there. Is it a bug? Or merely one of those infamous Microsoft/Windows inconsistencies? Is there a way to fix that? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906

:)

Paultx, Jun 2, 2021

2. Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue?

Hola Paultx,

The issue you have posted with the start menu happened to me sometime ago, when I changed the synaptics touchpad driver to newer. What I did is just switch to the old driver and everything is so far good.
    I can suggest you to look at the mouse and touchpad settings and if you can't find anything to adjust, try with another driver and be ready to rollback.

HTH
    Ivan

Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue? [​IMG]

Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue? [​IMG]

Ivan Petrov, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Paultx Win User

One of a couple annoying things with Windows 10 (maybe with other versions too, I'm not sure) is this:

- When I open the Task Manager with focus on the Processes tab, which has processes that go beyond the initial "window", if I use my mouse wheel while it's just hovering over the Task Manager it scrolls right away, and that's great!

- When I open the Start menu, if I use my mouse wheel it doesn't scroll while hovering... I have to click on a blank area of the menu or its scroll bar for the wheel to work there.

Is it a bug? Or merely one of those infamous Microsoft/Windows inconsistencies?

Is there a way to fix that? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906

Paultx, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

@Paultx

I can tell you that mine, scrolls after just a hover on both.

Ghot, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Scrolling problem, is it a bug or a consistency issue? - Similar Threads - Scrolling problem bug

2. Consistent WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent WiFi Issues: Hi,I have had some issues with wifi connection for over 6 months now on Windows 11 21H2 currently. The WiFi everyday seems to disconnect and reconnect a long time later. I got to the menu where you can easily switch on and off your wifi and bluetooth and see that the WiFi has...
  3. Consistent WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consistent WiFi Issues: Hi,I have had some issues with wifi connection for over 6 months now on Windows 11 21H2 currently. The WiFi everyday seems to disconnect and reconnect a long time later. I got to the menu where you can easily switch on and off your wifi and bluetooth and see that the WiFi has...
  4. Windows auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows auto scroll bug: HelloI have developed a bug when using windows 10 recently, all windows menus are auto scrolling making the system interface pretty unusable I have uploaded an example of the bug in action on imgurI haveuninstalled and reinstalled my mouse driversunplugged and replugged all...
  5. Consistent Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Consistent Issues: I've been having a few issues for quite a long time now Here are my specs Windows 10 Pro AMD FX-8370 4.33 GHz Nvidia GTX 970 16GB DDR3 Ram and I boot off a Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD For the past few months I've been having easily two bluescreens a day. After about...
  6. menu scrolling bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    menu scrolling bug: hi, when i open the start menu or right click on the taskbar icons the menu immediately starts scrolling upwards as if i am using shift-tab. it also occurs in Microsoft edge. it is not happening when i using chrome or file explorer. I've tried unplugging the keyboard and...
  7. Windows menu scroll-bug

Windows menu scroll-bug: Hello everyone, Since yesterday my pc encountered a problem. Whenever i open anything windows related (windows menu, or anything on the windows bar) it just scrolls through all options. I can't even really change stuff in my windows settings anymore because it just keeps...
  8. Scrolling Bug

Scrolling Bug: My windows keeps scrolling up on File Explorer and Settings. I tried unchecking "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" in the Personalization settings, but it didn't work. I also tried making my desktop background a solid color, and that didn't work either....
  9. Fix scrolling bug

Fix scrolling bug: I've tried everything! Replace mouse, keyboard, log in/out, change account, auto scroll off & color off. I do not have a way to restore back. Please help! submitted by /u/shagy4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtxy33/fix_scrolling_bug/
  10. Scrolling down menus bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling down menus bug: Hi everyone. Just wanted to report a bug and a solution. Start menu scrolling down itself, same thing in Onenote, the configuration menu etc. just as if the down touch was pressed... ! But not in Word or other things. Just with some menus. I realized my gamepad was...