Windows 10: Scrolling Problem When Using Microsoft Apps

Discus and support Scrolling Problem When Using Microsoft Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, my dad's laptop is having issues with scrolling when using apps by Microsoft. He stated that he first noticed this issue when he tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MusikCat, Apr 14, 2017.

1. MusikCat Win User

Scrolling Problem When Using Microsoft Apps

Hey guys, my dad's laptop is having issues with scrolling when using apps by Microsoft. He stated that he first noticed this issue when he tried to play a game of Solitaire on the Microsoft Solitaire Collection app. The game would scroll the screen down all the way to the bottom of the main menu, making it very difficult to scroll back up to select a type of Solitaire to play. Fiddling around with the apps on his computer, I noticed that other Microsoft apps like Edge and the Windows Store displayed the very same behavior: automatically scrolling the screen or page down to the very bottom. No other programs like Firefox or other games have this issue. I tried different solutions like scanning for viruses/malware and reinstalling the apps, but with no change in their behavior after doing so. Can someone please help us out? We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! *Biggrin

EDIT: I just tried changing the touchpad settings and tried plugging in my wireless mouse to the laptop while the touchpad was disabled, but nothing seems to fix the issue we're facing.

:)

MusikCat, Apr 14, 2017

2. consistent precision touchpad behaviour across apps

The precision touchpad was designed to compete with the MacBook trackpads in terms of making the use experience better and more intuitive.

In some apps like the Settings app and Microsoft edge, the touchpad behaves exactly with the behaviour we would expect, good two finger scrolling, excellent acceleration and the ability to halt a scroll 'mid-fly'.

But in almost every other app this functionality is in varying levels of broken, and has been for YEARS.

Google chrome still takes mouse scroll input and so scrolls sluggishly, and almost every other app does the same. Some apps like file explorer are even worse, with very slow scrolling. Precision touch drivers are supposed to provide input directly to the
    OS, not mediated through a pointer driver so this is clearly a software problem.

We know this is a software problem because google chrome exhibits the same lovely intuitive scrolling behaviour when you use it with a touch screen.

So Microsoft, when will you fix this? do we have to wait for windows 11?

PatrickLeslie, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Scroll pad won't work on some apps

Hello. I have an HP Elitebook 6930p. I'm currently running the latest version of Windows 10. I have the Synaptics driver installed on my PC for the trackpad.

THe problem I'm facing is the pages won't scroll on most of the apps when I touch the scroll area on the right and bottom. Microsoft office applications and Google chrome does scroll. But apps like Netflix, spotify, Mail & Calendar and numerous other apps
    won't scroll up or down although the pointer icon changes when the scroll area is touched. Kindly help me with what can be done.

ShariqJaved, Apr 14, 2017
  4. MusikCat Win User

Never mind about this topic. Since a few days ago, this problem hasn't occurred again. I don't know why, but it hasn't. If it's possible, could this topic be removed please? Thank you! *Smile

MusikCat, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Scrolling Problem When Using Microsoft Apps - Similar Threads - Scrolling Problem Using

2. Problems using apps not made by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems using apps not made by Microsoft: I had noticed any apps I DL and try to install a window will pop up and say this app was not approved by MS and it then offers an option look in MS app store for approved app which for me usually is never successful even with their own apps. However, I found a way to get...
  3. Problems using apps not made by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems using apps not made by Microsoft: I had noticed any apps I DL and try to install a window will pop up and say this app was not approved by MS and it then offers an option look in MS app store for approved app which for me usually is never successful even with their own apps. However, I found a way to get...
  4. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  5. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  6. Scrolling when using usb drive

Scrolling when using usb drive: When using USB and scroll to bottom of files, it automatic scrolls back to top. This only happens on my desktop. Tried same usb drive in laptop and have no problem. Disconnected mouse, still same.Have Dell Optiplex 755 with windows 10. Just did a clean install of windows....
  7. Scrolling when using usb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling when using usb drive: When using USB and scroll to bottom of files, it automatic scrolls back to top. This only happens on my desktop. Tried same usb drive in laptop and have no problem. Disconnected mouse, still same.Have Dell Optiplex 755 with windows 10. Just did a clean install of windows....
  8. Scrolling when using usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Wierd Scroll in microsoft office apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd Scroll in microsoft office apps: i use 2 finger touchpad scroll in ms word 365 i noticed that when scrolling the whole yep the WHOLE window moves up or down<according to scroll> is this normal? i aalso noticed if i use it in microsoft store app the cursor changes to a point and the scroll works in a...
  10. Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app: I have a Hp Elitebook 8570p where the webcam does not work in the Teams app (only black when turning it on). The camera is also not listed in the device manager. It works on other apps and when I use Teams in edge it also works. I also looked online but I could not find...