Windows 10: scrolling problem

Discus and support scrolling problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP Win10 laptop (new) has developed a scrolling problem. It scrolls down without my input. Very annoying. Drivers are up to date. Everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by penny784, Jun 14, 2019.

1. penny784 Win User

scrolling problem

My HP Win10 laptop (new) has developed a scrolling problem. It scrolls down without my input. Very annoying. Drivers are up to date. Everything is upto date.

:)

penny784, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jun 14, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Pedr Win User

scrolling problem

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

Thema:

scrolling problem

1. scrolling problem - Similar Threads - scrolling problem

2. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  3. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  4. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  6. a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it

a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  7. a problem where my stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. When i hold down middle mouse, and move the cursor it scrolls, How do I fix this problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i hold down middle mouse, and move the cursor it scrolls, How do I fix this problem...: this is making middle mouse button useless in fusion 360 among other applications because it zooms out randomly due to windows interpeting me holding middle mouse and moving the cursor as me wanting to scroll, and it is annoying in browsers when I middle click to open a link...
  9. When i hold down middle mouse, and move the cursor it scrolls, How do I fix this problem...

When i hold down middle mouse, and move the cursor it scrolls, How do I fix this problem...: this is making middle mouse button useless in fusion 360 among other applications because it zooms out randomly due to windows interpeting me holding middle mouse and moving the cursor as me wanting to scroll, and it is annoying in browsers when I middle click to open a link...
  10. When i hold down middle mouse, and move the cursor it scrolls, How do I fix this problem...

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access programs due to scroll bar scrolling