Windows 10: Scrolling seems slow and jerky

Discus and support Scrolling seems slow and jerky in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is may be just me but scrolling up and down through posts in this forum seems slow and jerky compared to eight forums. If I press the arrow keys to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adamf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. adamf Win User

Scrolling seems slow and jerky

Is may be just me but scrolling up and down through posts in this forum seems slow and jerky compared to eight forums.

If I press the arrow keys to scroll up and down then it scrolls a bit, pauses for a split second and then carries on a bit more before pausing again. Is this just me or is it some design to make it work better on phones or something?

I tried different themes but it is the same.

:)

adamf, Jan 28, 2014

2. Scrolling in App or Start Menu is slow and lagging

I too am having this issue.

Scrolling in normal applications like Chrome IE is smooth and responsive.

Scrolling in Microsoft Apps like Edge, Oneone, Weather etc is slow and jerky

PoliteUserNameXT, Jan 28, 2014
  3. Microsoft office and One Note in windows phone 8 - selecting text

Thanks for the response. Selecting the text isn't a problem in itself, but as soon as i have to scroll beyond the edge of the screen while selecting text it becomes jerky and slow unalike in WP7 when it was smooth and rapid. for selecting large parts of
    a document or a web page, for example, it is rather un-economical.

MatthewWyman, Jan 28, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

It may be specific to your system. I don't have this problem. Try another browser.

5. I thought you were talking about Windows 9. I said to myself "Damn! Behind the curve again!" *Smile

MilesAhead, Jan 28, 2014
  6. adamf Win User
    Only happens in IE 11. Chrome is fine.

It seems to page up or down one page, pause, then go to the next page, pause when holding down the page up/down keys (one line and pause using the arrow keys).

IE 11 is fine in seven and eight forums though which is strange.

Edit - when I upgrade to 9 I'll see if it still happens *Smile

adamf, Jan 28, 2014
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    IE11 seems to have a lot of little snags. I am glad I did hide it when it appeared on the scene.

8. A Guy Win User

This is a different software then 7 and 8. I don't use IE11 myself. Opera is smooth *Biggrin

A Guy, Jan 29, 2014
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    My Operas are so damn slow that I use them only rarely - and it's the same in 7, 8.1 and Linux. In one linux distro it did not even install.

10. On W8.0 I'm using 64 bit Opera 12.14. At some point Opera becomes a chromium clone. But I'm not sure which version is the change-over. Anyway it runs well. I tried one update and things fell off the shelf. So I reverted to 12.14.

Edit: but I have to admit I'm using FF builds almost exclusively. Latest Pale Moon seems ok.

MilesAhead, Jan 29, 2014
  11. I'm that used to using my mouse scroll wheel, even on this Notebook, much easier for me than the touchpad. I don't have problems with the mouse and I've just tried the arrow key and it scrolls but sort of jerks as if a line at a time, doesn't stop though just jerks continually down.

I use IE11 on a Windows 8.1 Asus Notebook.

Joan Archer, Jan 29, 2014
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    Joan, I do the same. For our new Asus Transformer I got a Bluetooth mouse. Works better for me than the touchpad. The wife though prefers the touchpad.

On my desktop I did not install IE11 after I heard of all the problems.

13. LEE
    Lee Win User

I get the jerky scrolling in Firefox, but not in IE 11 (Desktop). IE 11(desktop) is very smooth and actually quite bit faster then Firefox though I use Firefox 90% of the time.

14. I use chrome most of the time and it seems to be real smooth.

You might want to checkout the firefox channels and test out the beta and aurora which are future versions of firefox they may or may not be smoother.

SteamGamer, Jan 29, 2014
  15. Tony K Win User
    I haven't been in this thread category to see new threads, so the delay.

The scroll is choppy with IE11 on this forum software on this machine. No choppiness on 8F, although there the scroll will freeze every once and a while. If I refresh (F5) it works > Go figure.

I'm not a "mouser". On any forum I'm looking to get to the bottom of the page so I simply push the End key, then arrow up a bit or Page Up once. That works for me.

Tony K, Feb 11, 2014
Thema:

1. Scrolling seems slow and jerky - Similar Threads - Scrolling seems slow

2. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.: The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried multiple things like unplugging my mouse and keyboard, restarting my PC, and even created another user. It also does not register...
  3. Slow scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow scrolling: Does anyone know why scrolling is not smooth for files with Japanese names? I have some files with Japanese names in a folder. When I scroll in the folder, it feels laggy. But the same doesn't happen in a folder with english named files submitted by /u/AkatsukiKojou...
  4. Sudden slow scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden slow scrolling: I have been having this problem for a while, most of the time my scroll speed is good, but sometimes the scrolling suddenly drops to turtle speed. Restarting my laptop fixes the issue, the issue is there with two different mouses and a touchpad, and it persists through all...
  5. Computer seem slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer seem slow: I would like to get some recomendations to clean up my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-seem-slow/5495ac56-4dfd-4506-85b5-48e3bda2ed13
  6. Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic)

Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic): In pretty much all pages, (not just PDFs), scrolling down happens in a lag-then-spurt manner. Not at all smooth. Problem observed on three different computers, multiple accounts Scrolling works normally in all other applications on these computers (including browsers, and...
  7. System jerky

System jerky: Streaming videos have been getting caught up and I wondered if it was the graphics card/driver. However, as I'm exploring this issue, I notice that my whole system is doing it. For instance, even as I'm typing this, there are many times that the cursor will stand still and...
  8. Macrium image seemed slow

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image seemed slow: I used Macrium (free) latest version tonight to create a full image of my C drive (Samsung evo SSD), 230 gb used plus the secondary mechanical I drive, 180 gb used. So about 410 gb in all to do the image from scratch. It took about 1 hour 50 minutes. The transfer rate...
  9. Jerky Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jerky Mouse: I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed and since the installation my Logitech wireless mouse is now stuttering all the time. I purchased the latest MS wireless mouse, and it to is doing the same, I can't play games let alone click on anything to start. Sometimes it works ok,...
  10. Windows 10 seems slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 seems slow: Is it me or does windows 10 seem slow to anyone else. its not like i got a ancient laptop its a lenovo t430s got a i7 3520m 2.90ghz with 16 gigs of ram but boy it loads slow and seems to run slow. 10359