Windows 10: Scrolling seems slow and jerky

Discus and support Scrolling seems slow and jerky in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The forum software is different here according to z3r010 compared to 7 and 8 forums although I can't find the quote now. Seems it doesn't like IE. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adamf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. adamf Win User

Scrolling seems slow and jerky

The forum software is different here according to z3r010 compared to 7 and 8 forums although I can't find the quote now.

Seems it doesn't like IE. I tried Chrome and Pale Moon and they are OK.

adamf, Feb 19, 2014
  2. z3r010 Win User

quote is on the "insert" button

View attachment 644

z3r010, Feb 19, 2014
  3. adamf Win User
    Actually I couldn't remember where you said that the forum engine was different - I remember a post where you said the support for whatever company does 7 and 8 forum software wasn't up to scratch so you chose a new one. Quotes work fine *Smile

Edit - found the quote although not exactly what I remembered

adamf, Feb 19, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

This forum engine seems to be the new thing. At the PCHF (our new forum) they use it too. It's OK as long as there is not a lot of traffic, but the other day I had 17 alerts at PCHF - then it gets a bit confusing. I think the 'likes' and other ancillary things should not be shown in the alerts.

5. A Guy Win User
    I just think of the alerts as my "subscribed threads". I can work my way from the bottom of the list to the top. It's just something you get used to, like here *Wink

A Guy, Feb 21, 2014
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Yeah, right. If it were only the subscribed threads that would be OK. But mixing all the 'likes' and points alerts into it is confusing. It it worked like 'User CP' it would be better. Then the alerts you read would disappear after you dealt with them. But they linger around forever.

7. A Guy Win User
    That's what you get for getting so many likes *Wink

A Guy, Feb 22, 2014
  8. Tony K Win User

Perhaps this may help you, Wolfgang.

I don't use CP on 8F, although I understand why members would. I use a bookmarked "Subscriptions" page along with "New Posts" button and sometimes "Find Unanswered Threads" under the Forum Actions button to look for new posts for members to help and/or new entries in all threads. 8F always alerts me to PMs, VMs, and Reps notifications within the CP when logging on, so I figured the CP was limited so far as seeing all my prescribed threads unread or not. Of course the unread threads are highlighted on my Prescriptions page and have it set to show latest first. Also, seeing all the threads I’ve answered to reminds me of them and helps me with an overall view of my participation.

When I joined here I started out using the Forum home page (naturally) and started answering posts. Of course when I answered posts email notifications where set up and enters that thread automatically into "Watched Threads". Then I discovered where "Watched Threads" hovering over "Forums" button at far upper left, then "All Watched Threads" on that page, and bookmarked that page. It's a lot like "Subscriptions" in 8F. It highlights unread threads and I can see all the rest I answered to. I could bookmark “All Watched Forums”, but that’s too much of a hassle.

I have all email notifications and alerts shut off. It’s peaceful when I enter here. *Smile

Tony K, Feb 22, 2014
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Bill, I don't control that. The only real value of those likes is that you can see that someone read your post. Else it is just a number. Bips and stars are much more decorative, LOL.

HG, that is too complicated for me. A scheme that needs 2 paragraphs to describe is beyond my capabilities, LOL.

10. Yes I got a bit lost there as well, but in my case I just went into my CP and turned off Alerts and email notice and I don't get any alerts here, haven't done it yet over at the new site so they still show. *Wink

Edit: Wolfgang I've just seen where I altered my alerts, if you click on the Alerts flag along the top you will see where it says Preferences, just click that and you can see there what you need to untick.
    Hope that helps you. *Smile

Joan Archer, Feb 22, 2014
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    Thanks Joan. I am actually not against the alerts. But they should only show new postings in 'your' threads. All those Likes and Trophy points stuff just bloats the alerts unnecessarily.

12. I don't need the alerts here as it's still a new forum we're not overwhelmed by posts yet, so when I come here I can go through all active threads without getting tied up. *Wink

Now the new forum is different, I've left the alerts there for now because there is a lot more activity to catch up with, some of which I don't need to visit. *Smile

Joan Archer, Feb 23, 2014
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

Yeah, this morning I had 14 alerts on the PCHF and several threads I read twice because I lost track on where I was on my list. It's just a pain because they don't disappear once you dealt with them.

Thema:

1. Scrolling seems slow and jerky - Similar Threads - Scrolling seems slow

2. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.: The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried multiple things like unplugging my mouse and keyboard, restarting my PC, and even created another user. It also does not register...
  3. Slow scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow scrolling: Does anyone know why scrolling is not smooth for files with Japanese names? I have some files with Japanese names in a folder. When I scroll in the folder, it feels laggy. But the same doesn't happen in a folder with english named files submitted by /u/AkatsukiKojou...
  4. Sudden slow scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden slow scrolling: I have been having this problem for a while, most of the time my scroll speed is good, but sometimes the scrolling suddenly drops to turtle speed. Restarting my laptop fixes the issue, the issue is there with two different mouses and a touchpad, and it persists through all...
  5. Computer seem slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer seem slow: I would like to get some recomendations to clean up my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-seem-slow/5495ac56-4dfd-4506-85b5-48e3bda2ed13
  6. Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic)

Scrolling in notes (OneNote for Windows 10) is not smooth (laggy/jerky/irratic): In pretty much all pages, (not just PDFs), scrolling down happens in a lag-then-spurt manner. Not at all smooth. Problem observed on three different computers, multiple accounts Scrolling works normally in all other applications on these computers (including browsers, and...
  7. System jerky

System jerky: Streaming videos have been getting caught up and I wondered if it was the graphics card/driver. However, as I'm exploring this issue, I notice that my whole system is doing it. For instance, even as I'm typing this, there are many times that the cursor will stand still and...
  8. Macrium image seemed slow

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image seemed slow: I used Macrium (free) latest version tonight to create a full image of my C drive (Samsung evo SSD), 230 gb used plus the secondary mechanical I drive, 180 gb used. So about 410 gb in all to do the image from scratch. It took about 1 hour 50 minutes. The transfer rate...
  9. Jerky Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jerky Mouse: I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed and since the installation my Logitech wireless mouse is now stuttering all the time. I purchased the latest MS wireless mouse, and it to is doing the same, I can't play games let alone click on anything to start. Sometimes it works ok,...
  10. Windows 10 seems slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 seems slow: Is it me or does windows 10 seem slow to anyone else. its not like i got a ancient laptop its a lenovo t430s got a i7 3520m 2.90ghz with 16 gigs of ram but boy it loads slow and seems to run slow. 10359