Windows 10: Scrolling stops in browser window

Discus and support Scrolling stops in browser window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Optiplex computer using two Dell 27" monitors, connected to the computer using the Display port connections. No matter which way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Bridges, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Scrolling stops in browser window

I have a Dell Optiplex computer using two Dell 27" monitors, connected to the computer using the Display port connections. No matter which way I connect them, my right monitor is the main one. I have used the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to identify the left display and Monitor 1 and the right display as Monitor 2. If I start the system up fresh, I can open Outlook or any other program on the left monitor (Monitor 1) and the scroll works fine. I then put Chrome (or any other browser) on the right monitor (Monitor 2) (did I mention that I was using extended desktop) and the scroll will work fine for a while. However, it will stop scrolling after a while for no good reason that I can find. If I move the browser back to the left monitor (Monitor 1), it still won't scroll. I get the same results using Microsoft Edge. The only way I can get it to work again after that is to shut down the computer and restart it. Once I have started my day, it becomes a real inconvenience to do that. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

By the way, I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1803. The system has an i7-4790 CPE @ 3.60 GHz processor with 8 GB of Ram and it is a 64 bit operating system.

:)

John Bridges, Jun 24, 2019
  2. KCR
    KCR Win User

Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

Lol, not bad. . . . *Wink

But, do you guys mean pointer. . . ?

Scrolling stops in browser window [​IMG]

Instead of cursor. . . ?

Scrolling stops in browser window [​IMG]

3. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Scrolling stops in browser window

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Scrolling stops in browser window

1. Scrolling stops in browser window - Similar Threads - Scrolling stops browser

2. choppy scrolling in every browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choppy scrolling in every browser: i am using dell laptop my pc is having choppy and laggy scrolling even after bios update and windows reinstallation with complete hard driver formatand updated and reinstalled drivers many times but no benefit. my specs are i3 7th gen,4gb ram ,1tb hdd. and i also...
  3. Mouse scroll in all browsers stops working(ONLY browsers 0_0)

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse scroll in all browsers stops working(ONLY browsers 0_0): I recently installed a cheap Windows 10 Pro Graymarket version 1903 as my project required the use of Hyper-V for Docker. In my previous version (genuine retail copy of Windows 10 Home 1903) this issue never arose. Now, the mouse scroll never works in any browser till i...
  4. Mouse scroll in all browsers stops working(ONLY browsers 0_0)

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse scroll in all browsers stops working(ONLY browsers 0_0): I recently installed a cheap Windows 10 Pro Graymarket version 1903 as my project required the use of Hyper-V for Docker. In my previous version (genuine retail copy of Windows 10 Home 1903) this issue never arose. Now, the mouse scroll never works in any browser till i...
  5. cannot stop scrolling!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot stop scrolling!: When the mouse is in a window or dialog that has a scroll bar, it scrolls to the bottom. You can try to pull the scroll bar back up but it fights you and goes back to the bottom. This behavior has just started for no apparent reason....
  6. how to stop scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to stop scrolling: Ever since Windows 10 did an update on 11/25/2019 at 4:30 p.m. all of my programs I go into will not stop scrolling. It is all Microsoft products especially that is doing and I cannot get my checking account to balance if it will not stand still. Please someone tell how to...
  7. Automatically scroll up windows browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatically scroll up windows browsers: After the latest Update. System Windows and explorer Windows automatically scroll up all the time making imposible to browse the lowest options in any case....
  8. Apps on browsers no longer scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps on browsers no longer scroll: Hey there. I'm going to try and describe this problem to the best of my ability and I am hoping that someone can help. I do not have a smart phone, so the few apps that I use, I use on my computer (including Tinder and Instagram). Tinder I just use on my Firefox browser...
  9. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  10. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661