Windows 10: Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10

Discus and support Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In file explorer if I want to preview a pdf document the "preview pane" under 'Pane' and when I select my pdf document the preview shows. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nashkal, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Nashkal Win User

Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10

In file explorer if I want to preview a pdf document the "preview pane" under 'Pane' and when I select my pdf document the preview shows. The problem comes when trying to scroll through it. A day ago scrolling through the preview was possible using "two finger scrolling" but now this seems to be no longer. Instead I can click onto the slider and drag it down to go through the preview document.

Please will someone assist me on how I can get back to the two finger scrolling on my document previews. It would truly make life so much easier again.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Nashkal, Apr 27, 2019

2. Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files

System Parameters:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 64 bit

Excel for Office 365 MOS (16.0.1129_20045) 32 bit

Issue:

Windows/Excel recently updated. Presumably, this was done to "fix" a problem (which reminds me of when I "fixed" my pet).

Now, when I look at a list of files in Windows Explorer, the "Preview" pane will no longer preview excel files; and if I leave the "Preview" pane open, the computer hangs.

Need help with making the preview function of explorer work again with excel files. Any takers?

user wishing her company would use linux, Apr 27, 2019
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10

Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

Seriously, what's so difficult to understand about these simple steps?

Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10 9268fd52-a2eb-45b7-9e65-9eed7f92b5bb.png

RobertJWin, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10

1. Scrolling the "preview pane" in file explorer no longer works on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Scrolling preview pane

2. Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...: PDF files will not scroll in windows explorer preview pane, but other file types are fully operational.This is windows 11.thank you for your help!...
  3. Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling will not work in preview pane for PDF in windows explorer - but works for other...: PDF files will not scroll in windows explorer preview pane, but other file types are fully operational.This is windows 11.thank you for your help!...
  4. File Explorer Preview Pane is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Preview Pane is not working: File Explorer Preview Pane is not working, suddenly only shows a thumbprint of the PDF File. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane-is-not-working/e314f566-0e74-46bb-aa87-f96a7aaa56e8
  5. Preview Pane not working in File Explorer

Preview Pane not working in File Explorer: What can be the reason that at the same folder I can see a preview of some doc's and pdf files, and some of them after click on the file, I can't see the preview at the preview pane. Please your help. Thanks Orna...
  6. Windows Explorer File Preview pane not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer File Preview pane not working: File Previews in the explorer preview pane are not working for me. I found a fix here, but the file which it suggests you edit is not in my registry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced - ShowPreviewHandlers There is no...
  7. Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 File Explorer

Preview Pane not working in Windows 10 File Explorer: None of the solutions I've found searching have helped. Can't implement changes to the registry that I've read about because I have no registry key ShowPreviewHandlers....
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane

Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane: How do I get Windows 10 File Explorer to show the preview pane? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-preview-pane/913fba07-2922-4fc8-81fe-7753b0648dcd"
  9. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"
  10. Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files

Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files: System Parameters: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 64 bit Excel for Office 365 MOS (16.0.1129_20045) 32 bit Issue: Windows/Excel recently updated. Presumably, this was done to "fix" a problem (which reminds me of when I "fixed" my pet). Now, when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am unable to scroll in preview pane

2. WINDOWS 10 SCROLL IN PREVIEW WINDOW OF EXPLORER

3. wondows 10 scrolling when i mouse over a new pane

4. viewing pane not scrolling file explorrer,
  5. scrolling down navigation pane in explorer preview,
  6. scroll bar in preview mode file explorer,
  7. cant see scroll panes in pdf,
  8. scroll preview pane in windows explorer,
  9. scroll in preview pane not working,
  10. navigation pane file names blur when moving mouse,
  11. preview panel not scrolling windows 10,