Windows 10: Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.

Discus and support Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My issue is that whenever I scroll through touchpad in any window default apps Eg. Microsoft Store and Microsoft edge. It feels too sensitive despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaranGupta8, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.

My issue is that whenever I scroll through touchpad in any window default apps Eg. Microsoft Store and Microsoft edge. It feels too sensitive despite my scrolling sensitivity set to 3, But scrolling works fine in other apps like chrome. I also checked the driver updates in device manager. There was no new drivers available so I update it via optional driver updates to 2018 version. Now scrolling feels sluggish in settings and too sensitive in other Microsoft default apps and also the pointer speed is increased with having same previous driver's settings. My external mouse is working all fine,

:)

KaranGupta8, Sep 9, 2021

2. touchpad sensitivity

Hi Joobster,

When you mean Touchpad sensitivity, are you referring to the pointer speed of your touchpad? Or are you referring to the touch/pressure sensitivity of your touchpad whenever to press your fingers on your touchpad?

If you are referring to the pointer speed, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "main.cpl" and hit enter.
    • Click Pointer Options.
    • Under Motion, select the pointer speed you wanted for your touchpad.

Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive. 6db33049-088d-4c1e-b711-ac1ccd87be71.png

Regarding the Touch/pressure sensitivity, then you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to assist you on installing the right drivers for your touchpad.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Smiffy12 Win User
    Touchpad scroll too sensitive

Touchpad two finger scroll on Asus notebook has become over sensitive on win 10. How can I adjust it back to being usable again

Smiffy12, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.

Decrease Touchpad Sensitivity

Hello Pete,

There is a possibility that you're experiencing this issue due a touchpad driver problem. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried updating the touchpad driver on your device? If not, we suggest that you update it by following the steps
      here on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we advise that you try the steps provided by Pawan Dhondiyal in this
    article on how to adjust the touch sensitivity of your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive.

1. Scrolling through touchpad is too sensitive. - Similar Threads - Scrolling through touchpad

2. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow: On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally....
  3. Touchpad sensitivity too high

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad sensitivity too high: Even after setting touchpad sensitivity to low (the minimum), the touchpad is still too sensitive and will often click while moving the cursor or just click completely by itself. Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows version 2004 and I have an HP laptop, just in case it's...
  4. Touchpad still too sensitive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad still too sensitive: Is there a way of reducing my touchpad sensitivity beyond the limits of the Win10 setting? I have it as the lowest, but still the mouse reacts before my finger actually hits any target....
  5. Touchpad too sensitive . . .

Touchpad too sensitive . . .: I have an Asus laptop, purchased new in September 2019, W10, Firefox, auto-updates all on, has the latest touchpad driver. Win version 1909. An overly-sensitive touchpad has been a problem since new, and also was on my previous laptop, an HP. Yes, it's set on the...
  6. touchpad too sensitive in windows 10

touchpad too sensitive in windows 10: My touchpad clicks on its own as I pass over a cell using using EXCEL worksheet EXCEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-too-sensitive-in-windows-10/4108cf14-791a-4500-8c45-30766854dad9
  7. Touchpad confuses cursor movement for a request to scroll (very sensitive scrolling)

Touchpad confuses cursor movement for a request to scroll (very sensitive scrolling): Hello, I have a Lenovo G50-45 80E3 running Windows 10. For background, every once in a while, my two-finger scrolling stops working out of the blue and will not respond to toggling off/on in the mouse advanced settings, etc. A restart always fixes this. Recently the...
  8. touchpad sensitivity

touchpad sensitivity: hello my touchpad on laptop is very sensitive to touch and is driving me crazy! I have tried going into pc settings > touchpad, adjust to low sensitivity and restarted but I see no improvement. I googled it and found you can adjust the same setting via regedit. it was set to...
  9. Touchpad Sensitivity

Touchpad Sensitivity: I never thought I'd have to do one of these, but it seems like I'm the only person on the planet who's ever had this problem. This morning, I downloaded a Windows 10 update on my MSI gaming laptop. Ever since then, I've had an issue with my touchpad, where the sensitivity...
  10. Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers

Touchpad Sensitivity too sensitive in Web Browsers: How can I make my touchpad less sensitive while using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE 11? For example, when I am typing something, the zoom size of the webpage is constantly changing. I have set it to Long Delay in Settings, but that didn't seem to help. Are...