Windows 10: Scrolling uncontrollable

Discus and support Scrolling uncontrollable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by teJASafe, Aug 26, 2020.

1. teJASafe Win User

Scrolling uncontrollable

Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears before I can click on an item. I have to type in a letter to see if something is available.

:)

teJASafe, Aug 26, 2020

2. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion. Uncontrollable scrolling on windows 10 - December 2019 - Forums - CNET
    Other than restore or reset, I've done several of the "fixes" listed. (Latest drivers, etc.) The only thing that worked is logging out, and back in. But this fix is temporary. Restarting the machine brings it back, and I have to Log Out/In again to stop it. This makes no sense. Any ideas how to rectify this short of reinstalling windows?

Machine is a MSI GS75 Stealth 9SF
    Win 10 Home
    16gb RAM
    i7-9750H
    nVidia RTX2070

CalypsoArt, Aug 26, 2020
  3. uncontrolled scrolling

how do you stop uncontrolled scrolling

paramus117, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Scrolling uncontrollable

Uncontrolled scrolling

Hi Stacey,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your pages scrolling issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Scrolling uncontrollable

1. Scrolling uncontrollable - Similar Threads - Scrolling uncontrollable

2. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10: My laptop is running Windows 10 and is a Lenovo Ideapad with an intel i5-4210U procesor. I have had no problems with Windows 10 for the past 10 years . A few weeks ago , after an automatic update to Windows 10 from Microsoft , I started experiencing uncontrolled scrolling and...
  3. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10: My laptop is running Windows 10 and is a Lenovo Ideapad with an intel i5-4210U procesor. I have had no problems with Windows 10 for the past 10 years . A few weeks ago , after an automatic update to Windows 10 from Microsoft , I started experiencing uncontrolled scrolling and...
  4. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uncontrollable downward scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrollable downward scrolling issue: Legion Y540-15IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81SXHaving an issue where my active window will scroll all the way to the bottom endlessly until I hit the UP arrow key and will happen again randomly across any program browser, doc, games, etc.. Yes, the keyboard is clean and no food...
  6. uncontrollable downward scrolling issue

uncontrollable downward scrolling issue: Legion Y540-15IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81SXHaving an issue where my active window will scroll all the way to the bottom endlessly until I hit the UP arrow key and will happen again randomly across any program browser, doc, games, etc.. Yes, the keyboard is clean and no food...
  7. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  8. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  9. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. Ever since last night, I have had an uncontrollable scrolling problem. This occurs both with my mouse and the directional arrows on my keyboard as well as using the touchscreen. For example, when I want to go to the far left...